Chapter 1 - Streets of Dunwall

The streets of Dunwall was starting to fill with sunlight. Young woman in noble clothes walked through the streets, her short hair barely touched her shoulders. When she was near the Dunwall Distillery she stopped and looked for something in her purse. When she found what she was looking for she continued walking, two Slackjaw's guys let her in. They didn't said word more she was an outsider for them they didn't know from where she came. The woman walked through the courtyard straight inside the Distillery. "Where do I find Slackjaw?" The woman asked two thugs. "Aren't you lost?" "Pretty girl shouldn't be in places like here, the Golden Cat is just behind the corner." The woman turned away from them, she didn't waisted any time with them. Eventually the woman found who she was looking for. "Slackjaw?" She asked and caught the man's attention. "Who are you?" He asked looking at the woman. "I'm here because I need information about certain man, my identity isn't important sir." The lady said. "And how will woman like you pay for the information?" Slackjaw raised his eyebrows. "With coin of course or with Golden Cat pass the choice is yours." The woman said and Slackjaw looked at the woman, he was curious about her offers. "How much coin?" Slackjaw asked and the woman looked in her purse. "2 000 coin for one information. And don't try to screw with me I know if you would lie or not." The woman changed her tone rapidly, from sweet to very angry. "What information do you need?" Slackjaw asked and the woman smirked. "Where can I find Daud?" Slackjaw's expression changed rapidly. "Who again? Did I heard you right? You are looking for him?" Slackjaw asked almost laughing. "Yes I am looking for Daud, now will you tell me where do I find him?" The woman asked and closed her arms. "I only heard rumours that he is in Flodded District." The woman smiled and threw him sack of coins. "You see, it didn't hurt." She walked away leaving Slackjaw in confusion, he immediately called his thugs. "Did you heard her boys?" Slackjaw asked. "She was looking for Daud? We could dig another grave." The thug laughed. "I doubt that." Slackjaw said.

Next day the woman arrived at the Flodded District, she jumped into the cold water from her boat, her long skirt got wet. "Oh god dammit." She cursed, but she didn't stopped, she walked around looking for any clues that someone could be around. After few hours and lots of abandoned houses later she found few bolts. "They aren't from crossbows, these are much shorter." She took her jurnal and wrote notes inside. "They belong in wristbow, he had to be here or at least his guys was." The woman said and wrote everything in her jurnal, she took the bolts with her. "This place in in great view of the street, hmm maybe they was waiting for someone." She said and wrote it down, the woman continued walking through the streets. After another hours she saw light in one of the window, she took her knife if she got in danger. It was Chamber of Commerce Building. "Interesting, lot of space and great view to the other streets, great place for assassin." The woman smirked and wrote that note in her jurnal. She saw Daud's Whalers, she took her nerves and walked straight to them. "Excuse me, I'm looking for someone." The Whalers looked at her and then at each other. "Aren't you lost miss?" One of the Whalers asked. "I doubt that young man, my clues lead me right here." The woman said. "So who are you searching?" The Whaler asked. "I'm looking for man named Daud." The Whalers looked at each other, they was clearly confused. "Well I guess that you are unarmed?" The second Whaler said. "I don't have any weapons with me gentlemans." The woman said. "Well follow us then."

They opened huge glass doors. "Master?" One of the Whalers asked. "What is it?" Rough voice spoke from the other side of the room, then she saw him. The man she was looking for, Daud. "This woman was looking for you." The Whalers was very confused. "She? Are you sure?" Daud asked as they walked closer to him. "Yes, I was looking for you Master Daud." The woman said. "Who are you? And what do you need?" Daud asked.

"My name is Mia Martin and I have job for you." She said politely. "What kind of job?" Daud asked and ordered the Whalers to leave. "Well it's not baking a cake sir, it's a kidnapping of an aristocrat." She handed him a letter, he opened it and read what was inside. "What are the details Miss Martin?" Daud asked and Mia smiled. "Just call me Mia, it's going to be quiet job no witnesses no suspicion. The target has one weak spot, hosting huge parties, you will sneak there luckily for us it's going to be party in masks and costumes." Mia stopped. "For us? You are going to be there?" "Yes, he is a nasty man as I heard so I've got idea." Daud listened to what she was about to tell him. "There are two options. In the first one I will separate him and lead him to his bedroom where you will use one of your sleep dart but you will have to carry him to the cellar where will be boat and a man he will know what to do. The second option is to just end him." Mia said and looked at the tall man infront of her. "Hmm, how much are you paying?" Daud asked her.  " 4 000 coin, 2 000 now and then the rest if he will live you will get a bonus I will give you there." She crossed her arms. "So you will pay me just for putting him unconscious and bringing him to the cellar?" He looked at her. "That's correct Master Daud." She said. "Well you can count with me." Daud shook hands with her, he was much bigger than Mia.

Mia told him the details that weren't on the list and went back home where she prepared for the job. The next day shortly after lunch she looked at her bed where clothes for tonight evening were laying. "Alright let's do this." Mia took the clothes and put them on.

In the night Daud was already in the mansion. "Where the hell is she.." Daud's thoughts raced through his mind, then he noticed woman dressed in black he knew that it was Mia that gave him this job. "Good evening." He bowed. "Good evening to you too, I must admit I never thought that you would bow infront of me." Mia chuckled, Mia could't see his face but for Daud that was only good thing. "Anyway, how do you want to do this job?" She asked him. "I want that bonus." His raspy voice said. "Alright, well follow me from safe distance then." Mia said and walked away with Daud behind her.

Mia walked to Daud's target. "Good evening beautiful." The man said and Mia instantly cringed at his words. "Good evening to you too sir." She greeted him and got herself drink. "What brings you to my party?" He asked Mia. "Well I was looking for a strong and wealthy man." Mia cringed at her words soon as she let them out. "Oh really?" He was surprised by her but he smirked. "What's your name miss?" He asked. "Ehm, Lucy Smith." She answered him. "It's good to meet you, would you like to see the rest of the mansion?" He asked and Mia accepted. "Of course." She got her drink and followed the man.

Daud felt strange since the man made Mia to follow him. He followed them until guard stopped him. "I'm sorry sir but this area is closed for visitors." The guard stopped him and Mia noticed as they walked up the stairs. "Fuck." Mia swore as she was lead deeper into the mansion. Daud saw how she looked at him he knew that he needs to help her or he will do something to Mia. "So how old are you Mia?" The man asked. "I'm 37." Mia replied and looked around, there was just a few guards when he lead her through the first floor.

"And here is my bedroom." He lead her in, the atmosphere changed instantly. "Wow." She said trying to fake her emotions. "Well we should head back to the party." Mia said when she was about to leave a hand stopped her. "Oh, I thought that we will have some fun." He pulled her closer but Mia got a lamp in her hand smashing it into his head. "You bitch!" He yelled. "You shouldn't call the lady like that." Daud said from behind him sticking needle with strange green liquid into his neck. "Thank god you came." Mia said. "Your hand is bleeding." Daud said and Mia looked at her hand. "Shit." She swore. "Here let me take care of it." Daud said and Mia extended her hand while Daud put some cloth around it to stop the bleeding. "Thank you." Mia smiled and took her mask off, Daud still had his Whaler mask. "We should get him down to the cellar." Daud said and Mia agreed.

After not even hour later they got him into the cellar. "I thought that you failed." The man in boat said. "No thanks to the man behind me I just got cut, it could end up even worse." Mia said and pointed at Daud who was holding the man. "Alright put him in the boat." The older man said. "Thanks for your help Samuel here's the rest of the payment." She gave him sack full of coin. "Take care miss Martin." He said and sailed away.

"Well here's the rest of the payment." Mia gave Daud his coins. "And here's the bonus." She handed him two runes. "It's been pleasure doing business with you Mia." Daud said and took his mask off securing it on his belt. "The pleasure was mine Master Daud." Mia bowed and left. Daud stayed for a while, he couldn't understand why he helped the woman but he came to the conclusion that it was because she paid him very good. At least that's what he thought.