Chapter 5 - Traitor

"Thomas?" Mia asked, it was about 5pm and Daud still didn't get back. "Hm?" He looked up from the book. "I noticed that Overseers are patrolling through the area more and more often." Mia said and looked at Thomas. "I noticed that too, especially when we got Daud back." Thomas walked next to Mia. "I have bad feeling about this." Thomas said, suddenly they heard screams from the outside, quickly they understood why the Overseers attacked their base. "Come on we need to help them!" Mia said and was about to run but Thomas stopped her. "No stay here." "Why? They are going to die!" Thomas had concerned look. "Fine." He let her go and that was a mistake.

Mia killed a lot of Overseers until their music echoed through the streets. Mia dropped down on her knees because she was surrounded by Overseers. "Look it's her." They tied her hands and legs and put a rag in her mouth. One of the Overseers took her on his shoulder and threw her in the main room. "Is it really her?" One Overseer asked he looked like he was the one behind everything. "Yes sir. She is Daud's right hand." One of the Overseers said. "And Daud, is he here?" When he saw the Overseers nod no his face got red. "You idiots! At least we have her." He stepped closer to her, he grabbed her face. "Such a pretty face, it's a shame that you ended up here but maybe I could offer you a new job." Mia started noddeding her head no. "Your loss." The Overseers dragged Mia outside, it was raining now Mia knew that Daud is coming and that he is going to be furious. The sun went down, it was very bright night thanks to the full moon. Mia was kneeling in the corner of the half broken building where Overseers tied her to a metal pole.

"Alright lady let's see what you have on your mind." The Overseer said and took the rag from her mouth. "Where is Daud?" He asked her, he was on his knee so that they are in same height. "He left in the morning but I don't know where." Mia said. "Oh come on you need to know more you are his right hand." He said with dirty look, yes he didn't wore his mask. "I'm not his right hand." Mia replied and looked away from him. "You got him from the prison, with help of your friend of course. Sadly he dissapeared when we caught you." He said, Mia still didn't looked at him. "So tell me, where is Daud?" The Overseer asked, Mia was scilent and the Overseers didn't liked that. He grabbed her on her neck his grip was tight. "Listen here, you will obey because we are in charge now." The Overseer said his grip was getting very tight. "You are not my master I would rather die than tell you where he is if I knew." Mia said with so much anger. "Careful what you wish for." The Overseer said. "Get her inside, the good way doesn't work."

Mia was tied to a chair in the main room she was in her shirt and underwear, after while Mia saw Overseers preparing something. "So where is Daud?" They asked, standing infront of Mia. "I don't know he left in the morning, somewhere." The Overseer nodded his head and the other took very hot piece if iron and pressed it on her tight. "You son of a-" Mia cursed, the smell of burning flesh instantly hit her nose. "Alright let's take a break and see if she changed her mind." He said and they placed the iron back to the fire.

Mia sat there with her head down, she knew that this it bad but she still couldn't get it together. Suddenly she felt like if someone stopped the time for a brief moment. When she turned her head there was nobody no guards or Overseers. When she turned back she saw Daud. "Are you alright?" He asked. "Yeah I'm fine." Mia said as he untied her from the chair. "I'm sorry I took so long." Daud said, he was different than before he left. "It's alright now come let's go." Mia said but Daud stopped her. "No you are going to wait for my signal."

Mia didn't had a choice she looked through the window at Daud who was silently getting rid of the enemies. He didn't killed them he just put them unconscious.

Daud changed.
Daud changet a lot.

After few minutes the Whalers took over the leadership again. "Give me a report." Daud demanded from Billie, she answered him:" We'll take the Overseers who led the attack and find out what else he knows as soon as he's conscious. It seems Overseers are marching into the Flooded District. Planning massive assault against us. This Overseer Hume went against orders and attacked early." Billie pointed at him. "Our men, the ones you freed were able to route the remaining zealots. This place belongs to us again." Something in BIllie's voice wasn't right. "How did the cursed Overseers find us?" Daud asked and he crossed his arms. "It's my fault. I told Delilah were we were hidden. She wanted me to turn you." Billie looked at the ground. "You did this." Daud said with anger and Billie continued. "But I can't go through with it." Suddenly woman appeared on the roof upon them. "Stupid child. All you had to do was cut his and his friend there throat." Delilah said and pointed at Daud and Mia."He deserves better. I was an idiot to listen to you." Billie argued with the woman. "So that's your choice then. Daud, her betrayal would have been the sweetest, but either way Brigmore Witches will be your end. You should have forgotten my name the day you heard it." Delilah said very angry, Mia knew that he was potential danger to Delilah and her witches, Mia lookedat the witch until Billie spoke.:"But I think it was always understood between us, that I'd see my moment and take your place. I moved too early. You weren't weak, like I thought. I'm only sorry I didn't pick better ally. Delilah made contact with the Overseers. I thought, between the three of us we'd have you dead to night." Billie looked at Daud and stepped closer. "We can blame the zealots for that. Overseer Hume was too quick to move." Delilah spit out. "My life is in yours now." Billie kneeled down. "Kill me or let me live. If it even matters to you." Billie offered Daud her blade. "Touching and pathetic. If I see either of you again I'll tear your stone cold hearts and walk in your skin." Delilah hissed again and dissapeard. Daud looked at Billie thinking for a moment, his gaze fell on Mia who nodded her head no. "I forgive you. Get out of here. Leave the city. Leave my sight, Billie. I give you your life." Daud said and Billie dissapeard. Mia looked at Thomas and gave him I told you look. "Let's clean the mess. Put unconscious the Overseers and put them somewhere." Daud ordered and everyone started to work.

"So Daud what's your next plan and what happened in the Slaughterhouse?" Mia asked and Daud told her everything. "So you are going back to the Coldridge to get Lizzy? Are you mad?" Mia asked. "Look I know that you care but this is the only way. I need her ship to get to the Brigmore Manor." Mia sighed at his words. "Fine but be at least careful, please?" Mia said as she stepped closer to him. "Don't worry I will." He looked around and gave Mia small kiss.