Chapter 7 - Some things end and some begins

Mia woke up, her head was spinning for a while but it stopped eventually. She slowly sat up and looked around herself. "Flooded District." Mia mumbled she saw Daud sleeping in his chair. "Good morning." Mia said when he opened his eyes. "Morning Mia." It took Daud moment to realise that she was awake. "Wait." He blinked few times and looked at Mia. "Thank God that you are awake." Huge rock just fell from Daud's heart. Mia noticed that she wasn't wearing much, just her underwear and buttonup. She slowly took the blanket from her leg. "You did good job on sewing it together." Mia smiled at Daud. "Thanks, I was about to change the bandages but I was very tired." Mia smiled and gestured for him to came next to her. "Thank you Daud, you saved my life." Mia hugged him and he gladly accepted the hug.

Mia didn't do much her leg wad on fire when she walked so she was the whole day in Daud's bed. Daud told Mia how he trapped Delilah in the picture and she was amazed by it. "Wow I'm surprised that you didn't just put blade through her neck." Mia said as she sat on the bed. "Yeah." Daud was interrupted by Thomas. "They arrived." He said and disappeared. "Mia stay here." Daud ordered and dissapeard. Mia was confused about everything but she stayed in the bed like she was told.

Daud came back after about 30minutes he was breathing heavily, he began making audiotape about how much he regretkillingthe Empress, Daud looked up and saw him. "So we meet again." Daud said at that time Mia through all her pain jumped from the bed and got dressed in very short time. She saw who he was talking with, Corvo. The man Daud destroyed his life coming for his revenge. Mia didn't hesitated and ran downstairs.

When Daud saw her he stopped the time, it was just him and Corvo now. Corvo attacked Daud he was full of hate for his Jessamine and Emily. Corvo was stronger than Daud, he knew that this will end badly. Corvo attacked Daud, Corvo's blade was getting bloody from all the attacks Daud wasn't able to dodge, eventually Daud had to fall back. Soon as Dad sat down he lit up his cigarette, he didn't had any elixirs on him he just waited for Corvo to eventually find him and finish what he began.

Mia blinked few times, Daud was nowhere and Corvo wasn't there either. "Fuck." Mia gasped when she saw trail of blood leading outside, she saw Corvo lifting Daud up. "No, please." Mia said quietly but enough for Corvo to hear. "You should have stayed inside Mia." Daud said, he didn't moved because Corvo would kill him if he did. "Mia Martin, I never thought about seeing you here." Corvo said, he didn't let his guard down. "Who would have thought, I saw you how you held her." Mia stepped closer to Corvo, he was looking through his mask at her. "He killed her." Corvo said, his blade was very close to Daud's throat. "I knew about Burrows' betrayal but when I got there it was too late." Mia held Corvo's hand. "You fell in love with murderer Miss Martin." Corvo said. "The same way you fell in love with Jessamine." Mia whispered. Corvo hesitated but then he saw the statue behind Daud, Jessamine's statue. "If I will ever see him again I won't hesitate." Corvo said letting Daud go. Mia hugged the man, she didn't cared that her clothes were going to get bloody no, she enjoyed every moment because she knew that it could end every moment.

"So Karnaca?" Mia asked Daud, they had to dismiss the Whalers for their sake. "Yes." Daud said and started the small boat. "I never thought that I will go back." Mia smiled, she sat infront of Daud watching him how he slowly lead the ship. "Me neither, but we have to start somewhere, somewhere where nobody knows us or what we did." Daud looked at the woman infront of him. "Yeah it's quite sad to leave though but I'm exited for our new start." Mia sat next to him and held his thigh, her head leaned on his shoulder. "I think that I made good decision." Mia said and Daud looked at her. "Why fo you think? We are wanted criminals." Daud laughed. "Not because of that, but because I really love the Knife of Dunwall." Mia said and kissed his cheek.

Mia and Daud arrived at Karnaca next day. "We should find some place to call home shouldn't we?" Mia said. "Of course." Daud said and they began walking.

After few hours they found themselves an apartment for a good price. "Well it's not that bad." Mia said and crossed her arms on her chest, Daud stood behind her and kissed her on her neck. They looked around the apartment it was very neat.

Few weeks passed by, Mia was on the market when something catched her eye. It was a pin that you put on your jacket, it had small knife engraved on it. Of course Mia got it. When Mia got back Daud was standing in the balcony smoking. "Hello." Mia smiled at her lover. "How was your day?" Daud asked, the last few weeks were hell for both of them, Mia noticed that Daud started growing gray hair on his sideburns. "It was good here is something for my only." Mia smiled and gave Daud small box. Daud slowly unwrapped the box. "I love it." Daud said as he pinned it to his jacket. Mia had was smiling. "But not as much as I love you Mia." Daud smiled and kissed her.

Dsud and Mia walked indoor, Daud made sure all the lock were locked he was little paranoid after all meanwhile Mia laid in the bed reading a book. "Come on, who would want to assault the Knife of Dunwall." Mia put her book away and pushed Daud to the bed next to her. "Apparently everyone." Daud said and Mia gave him a kiss. "I will protect you." She wined at him.

"She showed you a new word." The Outsider said. Daud's eyes opened, he knew that something war wrong. "She is your everything, she will do anything for you, murder, backstab, blackmail." Outsider said as he stood next to her, she was standing there with her hands crossed across her chest. "Why do you care?" Daud asked pissed. "I'm here to warn you." Outsider touched her chin making her head move towards him. "Leave me alone." Daud said. "I know that you love her I watched you." Daud was surprised by that his cheeks turned little bit red, Outsider had smirk on his face. "I had enough, leave Mr and her alone." Daud said and Outsider teleported behind him. "As you wish."

Daud woke up, the sun was starting to shine. "Morning, another bad dream?" Mia asked and handed him cup of coffee. "You could say that." Daud sat up and accepted her coffee. "What about a walk? You will clear your head." Mia smiled and kissed him. "Why not." Daud said. "Well let's get prepared then." Mia said and went to drink her own coffee.

After while they left their apartment, Daud held Mia's hand just to make sure she was still there. "So what was the dream about?" Mia asked. "I was summoned by the Outsider." Daud said, Mia looked at him. "Ignore him, he will find another human being to play with." Mia smiled at him. "Yeah you are right.

They walked around the city through streets they didn't know. "Daud and Mia Martin?" A woman from behind them asked, Daud knew who she was instantly. "I think that you have to mistook us." Mia said, Daud pushed her behind him. "No, I didn't. You ruined my life Daud now you are going yo pay for it." The woman said. Mia's grip were very tight. "Daud.." Mia whispered, he took his blade but before he could fo anything an Overseer music started to play. Mia pulled Daud and they began running. "Catch them!" The woman yelled. Overseers surrounded them, Daud pushed Mia behind him again.

The woman stepped closer getting her blade ready. "I loved you Daud." The woman said, her hand was on his shoulder, Mia felt need doing something. "I don't even know who you are." Daud said. "I'm the last one you will ever see." Before the woman stabbed him Mia break from him and stepped between them. Daud looked at her, she had tears filling her eyes. The woman and the Overseers left very quickly.

Daud was kneeling down with Mia in his arms. "Why Mia." He asked her, he knew that an elixir won't save her. "Because I love you Daud." She said, she placed her hand on his cheek pulling him closer to her. Her hand was cold when she touched Daud but he didn't cared, he just wanted to kiss her and that's exactly what he did. Suddenly her hand fell from his cheek and he knew that that was the last time she touched her.

Daud was sitting there with her in his arms. He looked into his pocked to find small box. Daud had to held his tears but he opened it anyway, it was a ring with a small gem. Daud couldn't hold it any longer he started to cry, he closed the box and put it in Mia's chest pocket. "I love you too Mia." Daud whispered.

The end.