9 - The Calm Before the Storm

No one's POV

We see Ozpin and Glynda in Ozpin's office, as they notice a fleet of bullheads landing at Beacon.

Glynda: Ironwood certainly loves bringing his work wherever he travels.

Ozpin: Well, running an academy and a military makes him a busy man. But yes, those are a bit of an eyesore.

Suddenly, a beeping is heard, and Ozpin turns to face his desk.

Ozpin: Come in.

The elevator then opens, and reveals James Ironwood.

Ironwood: Ozpin!

Ozpin: Hello, General.

Ironwood: Please, drop the formalities. It's been too long.

The two then walk up to each other and shake hands, with Glynda staying behind Ozpin.

Ironwood: Glynda! It has certainly been too long since we last met.

Glynda: Oh, James! *serious to Ozpin* I'll be outside.

Glynda then walks away from the two guys, and heads down in an elevator.

Ironwood: Well, she hasn't changed a bit.

Ozpin: So, what in the world has brought you all the way down from Atlas? Headmasters don't typically travel with their students for the Vytal Festival.

Ironwood: Well, you know how much I love Vale this time of year. Besides, with you hosting, I thought that this might be a good opportunity for us to catch up.

Ozpin: I can certainly appreciate he quality time between friends, however, a small fleet outside my window has me concerned.

Ironwood: Well, concern is what brought them here.

Ozpin: I understand that travel between kingdoms has become increasingly difficult.

Ironwood: Oz, you and I both know the two reasons for why I brought those men.

Ozpin: We are in a time of peace. Shows of power like this are just going to give off the wrong impression.

Ironwood: But we don't know the true power that the Aegis holds, and if what Qrow said is true...

Ozpin: If what Qrow said is true, then we'll handle it tactfully. Plus, the boy has control over the power he possesses. I don't think he'll do anything reckless. It's the Vytal Festival. A time to celebrate unity and peace. So I suggest that you not scare the people by transporting hundreds of soldiers halfway across the continent.

Ironwood: I'm just being cautious.

Ozpin: As am I. Which is why we will continue to train the best Huntsman and Huntresses we can.

Ironwood: Believe me, I am.

As Ironwood starts to leave the room, Ironwood says one thing.

Ironwood: But ask yourself this. Do you honestly believe that the Aegis can win a war all alone?