Burns.

Y/n pov:

Today, a new girl moved into town with her brother! I was excited to meet her! Her name was 'Emily' I believe and her brothers was 'luke' I was making my way over to the casita I spot Camilo with the new people! Perfect!!

"Hey camilo!" I say to him

"Hey!! Have you met the new family?" He asks me kindly

"No I haven't! Hi, I'm y/n!" You say to them trying to be as friendly as possible

"Hello! I'm luke, and this is my sister Emily!" Luke seemed very nice I must say, but his sister gave me a bit of a dirty look when I held camilos hand.

I get weird vibes from her

No I'm just jealous

But she genuinely seems off

No shut up y/n it's just jealousy

"Would you all want to come for dinner tonight?" Camilo asked all 3 of us

"Sure!" I said

"Why not?" Luke said

"Sounds cool.." Emily said weirdly

"See you then!!" Camilo called out to me before I asked my mom who of course said yes

I got dressed and by the time I was ready, it was time to leave! You grabbed your things and head over to the house.

When I got there I sat down next to Dolores and alma for a change, across Camilo. We were having a good time and I saw Emily enjoying the seat next to Camilo, and the attention that comes along with it.

"Im going to go get some water, does anyone want some?" She asked the table I still think she might be a good person so I say yes and so does abulea.

After a couple minutes, Emily comes back with the water and then slips in front of alma.

Oh no.

I use my quick reflex's and jump in front of alma in the nick of time. It burns..

"OWW IT BURNSSSSS" I yell in pain. THE WATER WAS HOT!

Camilo, my mom, and mirabel come running up to me. It burned my back and cheek.

"MI AMOR ARE YOU OK? DOES IT HURT? DO YOU NEED ANYTHING?" Camilo asked me with lots of worry and concern in his eyes.

He cupped my cheek

"OW" you hissed at the touch.

"Breathe in, breath out" Mirabel said to calm me down

Meanwhile my mom scolded Emily. She looked filled with regret.

I was given a arepa and it healed my burns and their scars.

"You coming with me." Camilo muttered before grabbing my hand and pulling me away.

He mumbles something else that I didn't hear

"What did you say?" I ask

"WHY DID SHE HAVE HOT WATER IN THE MIDDLE OF SUMMER?" he says

"Look it's ok-"

"NO ITS NOT. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME I COULD HAVE PROTECTED YOU." He yelled at himself

"CAMILO, stop. I don't care if you were right next to me or 10 feet away. It happened and it's over." I say before grabbing his hands

"NO I SHOULD HAVE-" Camilo yelled

"NO CAMILO. STOP. ITS OVER NOW. I PROTECTED YOUR ABUELA, SHES OLD AND FRALIE, IM NOT." I yelled.

"Camilo I'm sorry for yelling I-" he cuts me off with a kiss

"Don't apologize mi amor. Let's just go to sleep." He says with a smile.

I nod and head to the bathroom. A part of my right shoulder still has the scar. It shouldn't be there. It hurts to the touch. I keep feeling the excruciating pain over and over again. I want to cry. But Camilo can hear me. I cant. I lay in his bed on my left side it doesn't hurt and I fall asleep.

I wake up to Camilo brushing my hair with his finger. I lay into his chest. He makes me feel safe.

I go into his bathroom and look at the scar. I start crying. Last night was traumatizing. Camilo walking in almost immediately dropping his sad expression into a angry one. I run into his arms to hug him and he hugs me back. He carry's me bridal style down the stairs and is careful not to touch the wound. He brings me to Julieta and Pepa. It was rainy for a long time after that. But anyways she gave me 3 arepas and that seemed to do the trick. I thanked her profusely and went upstairs again to put on socks.

"You could've just told me y'know" Camilo says scaring me.

"Sorry for not being honest I just didn't want to dig a deeper hole for her and me I'm sorr-" he cuts me off with a kiss

"It's ok Mi amor." He says holding me in his arms and kissing my head.

How did I get so lucky..

A/N
810 WORDS

TYSM FOR THE LOVE AND IM THINKING OF CALLING YOU GUYS ANGELS ILY!