Chapter 4

The cafeteria was the place that Sora hated the most

The cafeteria was the place that Sora hated the most. She always thought it was way to crowded and messy. Besides being in the cafeteria held a higher chances to bump with one of Myeonghwan's friends. Sora would spend her lunch time outside, the library or even the restroom (there's when sometimes she met with Mijin and smoke to ease her worries). Today she had no option since Onjo literally dragged her there to spill some tea.

Sora came back with her food and sat besides Onjo, waiting for the girl to say something.

"Hey. You'll burn a hole in Cheongsan's face". For a moment Sora thought this was directed to her and a small blush appeared in her face.

"I wasn't looking at him" cleared up Onjo.

"Yeah, right. The entire school knows you two are going out" Isak was getting on Sora's nerves.

"So, what did you want to tell us?" Sora was tired of everyone assuming Onjo and Cheongsan were dating, and the girl would never admit it, but she was jealous.

"It was nothing, never mind"

"I don't think it was nothing, you actually dragged me here, so now you are telling us what this is about"

"I told Suhyeok that I like him" the girl finally confessed.

"You did what?"
"Are you insane?" Both girls were extremely impressed about their friend boldness.

Sora had mixed feelings. Onjo didn't like Cheongsan in any romantic way, therefore she still had a chance. But on the other hand Sora was almost sure Suhyeok felt something for the class' president. She didn't know if it was a wise choice telling her that, since she wasn't sure about Suhyeok feelings and Sora didn't want to see her friend getting hurt.

"What did you say? Did you ask him out? Did he give you an answer? Or give off a vibe? You couldn't tell how he felt or anything?" A curious Isak demanded answers.

"I gave him my name tag. Nothing more nothing less. He wouldn't give me an answer" Sora could've sworn she saw a glimpse of a defeated Onjo.

"Give it time, maybe he has a lot to think right now. I'm sure he's giving you a reply sooner or later." She advised her best friend with a compassionate smile.

⁂ ⁂ ⁂ ⁂ ⁂ ⁂ ⁂ ⁂ ⁂ ⁂ ⁂ ⁂ ⁂ ⁂ ⁂

After finishing their meal, they got in the line to dump the leftovers.

"I have a good idea" spoke Isak "Ask Cheongsan. He and Suhyeok are close. Ask him how Suhyeok feels about you. He may have told him already"

"No. Don't involve Cheongsan in this, it's not a good idea" Sora was convinced about the boy's feelings for her friend so asking him about Suhyeok's didn't sit well with her.

"Sora's right, besides he'll tease me like crazy"

Without any care in the world Isak called Cheongsan.

"Hey, Cheongsan. Onjo needs to talk to you" Isak waited for her friend to continue but since this didn't happened she took the lead "You and Suhyeok are close, right?"

"Totally. Why?"

"No, nothing you can go" Sora fought the urge to roll her eyes at her friends.

"Hey, a real friend would help in situations like this" and before Cheongsan could reply the two friends walked off leaving Sora with him.

"I'm sorry for all this, they are just messing around".

"It's fine Sora, let's get going to our classroom. Actually wait up, I'm talking to Onjo" and once again Cheongsan left Sora to go to Onjo.

She wouldn't stay there and listen to their conversation so she decided to leave the cafeteria. Sora was about to open the doors so she could escape that place when she saw something strange. A bunch of students came running and pushing, desperate to get into the cafeteria. They all looked scared to death and you can see they were trying to get away from something or someone.

   At a very young age Sora developed a fascination for martial arts. Of course her parent would never allowed her to practice one, so she took the initiative to at least learn how to defend herself (besides, after getting to know the real Gwinam, she thought it would be very useful). She practiced a lot and finally she knew more than just the basics. Well this also helped her to improve her reflexes, and due the situation she was put in right now, it became convenient for her.

Sora scanned her surroundings trying to came up with an escape plan if she needed one. The first thing she noticed was a window near the kitchen so she thought it was a good idea. But after seeing what she was against the girl froze. A student covered in blood came running from the front door of the cafeteria, followed by other teenagers in the same state as him. Now the thing is, Sora practiced to defense herself against bullies not whatever this people were.

She looked around and finally came back to her senses after seeing the caos inside the cafeteria. She began to run. And when Sora did this, she tripped and fell. She tried to stand up and run for her life but she felt her limbs stuck. She couldn't move and Sora began to panic. But the thing that scared her to death was a bloody student going after her. The girl thought the best idea was to look for a weapon (totally forgetting her pocketknife well kept inside of her skirt) but when she looked at her right and left she found nothing.

"Shit I'm screwed".

❏ ❏ ❏ ❏ ❏ ❏ ❏ ❏ ❏ ❏ ❏ ❏ ❏ ❏ ❏ ❏

Word count: 928 words ☾*‧₊