Chapter 7

Sora never considered herself an affectionate person

Sora never considered herself an affectionate person. Her love language wasn't physical touch, and maybe it had to do with her parents lack of it. Usually they would show their love by getting her expensive gift, and while growing up Sora thought this was the only way of demonstrating love. This was until she met Onjo.

Onjo wasn't that fond of physical touch, but she made an exemption when it was about Sora. Her friend loved cuddling while watching a movie. She also enjoyed hugging her and holding her hand. Sora eventually got used to it and learned to show love by doing so.

...

⁎⁺˳ Sora's dad and Onjo's dad were awfully different. Both parents raised their children according to what they thought it was right. Onjo's dad was more caring and lovely towards her daughter. On the other hand, Sora's dad was strict and harsh. He would always demand perfection, and wouldn't settle for any less. Her dad was uptight and when he said no, nothing in the world could change his mind.

   Since they were young, the two friends liked to hang out after school. You could easily spot them at the ice cream parlor, in the movies or maybe just the playground. It was kind of a routine considering they loved spending time together. Unfortunately the hang outs were instantly shut down when Sora's dad found out she been slacking off in school. Sora tried to argue and make an agreement with him, but he couldn't care less. His mind was set in not letting her daughter associate with her so called best friend, Onjo. Sora was heartbroken, but she knew better to follow her dad's words.

   The next day after school, Sora talked to Onjo, and the two friends were devastated. Onjo didn't want to put Sora in a position that could compromise her relationship with her dad, as if it was any relation to begin with, so she tried to comfort her friend by giving her a hug.

"Hey, Sora it's fine. We are seeing each other in school, I know it won't be the same but still. So stop fighting with your dad and let's focus on the good things" Onjo immediately grabbed her hand. "Look, whenever I'm holding your hand, it means that I'm with you and I will support you no matter what. It will also help as a reminder to focus on good things only". And that is how the hugging and holding hands turn into a comfort sign for both friends. ˳⁺⁎

...

⁎⁺˳ Everything in Sora's life was collapsing. Her reputation of being a perfect daughter wasn't true, and she knew that, what she didn't expect was everybody founding out this. Everything she worked hard on, to please her parents, wasn't enough to make people shut up about her. And Sora was going through hard times. All of her friends were aware of what was happening, but none of them knew how to make it stop.

   It was lunch time and everybody was in the cafeteria except Sora. She liked eating in quiet places away from all the gossiping her classmates loved. Onjo was worried and decided to go and look for her in Sora's favorite place, the library. There she was with her head low trying to hide the few tears running through her cheeks. Onjo felt like she didn't have to say anything, no words would help her depressed friend, instead she just wrapped her arms around the girl and held her hands. And this was enough for Sora. ˳⁺⁎

...

Sora's classmates were to stunned to speak. The fact that she was alive and with them, astonished everyone. Onjo didn't wait for an invitation to go and tackled her best friend with a big hug. Sora was still mad at what happened in the cafeteria, but she couldn't blame Onjo for this, actually she was pretty sure her friend didn't notice what had happen. Sora gladly took the hug and in no time she wrapped her arms around her. Unexpectedly tears came for both friends. They were ecstatic with each other presence.

Gyeongsu didn't wait for an invitation either. The thought about losing his best friend was torturing him and the moment he saw her, Gyeongsu couldn't believe his eyes. He went to where she was and slightly punched her arm.

"You dumb bitch, I really thought you were dead. You scared the living shit out of me".

"You can't get rid of me that easily dumb bitch". And this is the only thing Gyeongsu needed to wrap his arms around the girl.

   Cheongsan thought this scenario wasn't true and it was just his mind fucking around just to make him feel more guilty and shitty than what he already felt. He would've stayed shocked if it wasn't for Onjo who pushed him towards her. Cheongsan was extremely nervous. He knew he fucked up things with her, but the boy hoped than an apology would make things better.

"Hey, Sora, I'm glad you are alive" Cheongsan said while playing with his fingers.

"Of all the things he could've said, after he left me to die in the cafeteria, this is the first thing that comes to his mind? Wow men are truly stupid and trashy" Sora just nodded her head refusing to start a conversation with him. But before Cheongsan had the opportunity to come clean to the girl, Nayeon interrupted him.

"Hey, no, this is not right. We shouldn't have let her come inside this classroom. She was probably bitten by one of those psychos. Throw her out!"

"Wow, I'm surprised you are still alive".

"Likewise"

"No wait up girls, stop fighting. Look, Nayeon, nobody is throwing out anybody. Sora's fine. By the way, Sora you are so a badass I'm thrilled at your capacity of coming from the cafeteria without a single scratch". Suhyeok spoke.

"Right, but I'm way more surprised that you had to endure Nayeon's bullshit. I could never"

"You bitch" and without hesitation an annoyed Nayeon was about to slap Sora, but she immediately stopped in her tracks when she heard the sound of classroom door opening.

❏ ❏ ❏ ❏ ❏ ❏ ❏ ❏ ❏ ❏ ❏ ❏ ❏ ❏ ❏ ❏

Word count: 1028 words ☾*‧₊