Chapter 6

Another thing Sora hated was running

   Another thing Sora hated was running. Usually she would wear converse and well, we all know they are not exactly good for running. So she avoided this activity like it was a plague. But considering this was a dead or alive situation she had no other option.

After getting out of the cafeteria through the window, Sora started thinking where could her friends possibly be. She was sure they were still in school, since they didn't have enough time to make it out, so the most accurate decision she made was going to her classroom, even if they weren't there she had to try.

"Shit I have to run"

Sora took out her pocketknife and ran to her destination: her classroom.

⁂ ⁂ ⁂ ⁂ ⁂ ⁂ ⁂ ⁂ ⁂ ⁂ ⁂ ⁂ ⁂ ⁂ ⁂

   After getting out safely from the cafeteria, Cheongsan held Onjo's hand and kept running not caring for anything in the world besides themselves. They struggled to get away and not get bitten by one of the students until they finally reached cautiously their classroom.

"Hey, open the door!" demanded a desperate Cheongsan. Gyeongsu didn't care about Nayeon's cries saying they shouldn't open the door. Instead he let his friends get inside the classroom. And instantly closed it again.

"Are you okay? How are things outside? Is it the same?" But Gyeongsu didn't care for an answer after he saw they were only 2 of his friends instead of 3. "Hey, wait up, where's Sora? She was with the both of you when I left the cafeteria" Cheongsan widened his eyes at his question. He cursed himself after the boy realized he left behind his best friend.

"Shit. Gyeongsu, hear me out. She was right beside me in the cafeteria, but when everything happened I lost her trace. I really don't know where she is" Cheongsan eventually acknowledged the terrible mistake he had done. He literally left Sora to get eaten by one of that psychopath.

"You fucking left her in the cafeteria alone? What a shitty friend makes something like that?" Gyeongsu grabbed him by his collar shirt. "Fuck you. How can you leave her like that?"

   Gyeongsu was right. Cheongsan was a shitty friend that chose an oblivious Onjo instead of his friend Sora who plead for his help.

"Crap. Look, I know I made a horrible mistake but I can fix it, I'm going back to get-" But he couldn't finish his statement when Daesu got in the classroom.

"Fuck! They're fucking aggressive. What's even going on outside?"

"Guys. It's like Train to Busan" at the mention of this movie something flickered in Cheongsan's mind.

...

⁎⁺˳ "Ugh Cheongsan, you know how much I hate zombie's movies. They are not even real and zombies are stupid".

"They're not, Sora. You haven't watched this movie and is literally a classic. Imagine saying you have never watched Train to Busan, that's lame".

"You're lame. But whatever let's watch it"

   Cheongsan invited Onjo, Gyeongsu and Sora to his house to watch a movie. Onjo couldn't make it since she was out of town with her dad, and Gyeongsu called off last minute when he found out it was only going to be Sora and Cheongsan, he didn't want to third wheel. Sora would never declined an invite, and much less if it was from the boy so she was the only one who showed up at his house.

   They both got cozy, ordered a take out, and began the movie. It wasn't even the half of it when Sora fell asleep. At the end of the movie Cheongsan finally noticed the sleeping girl. He didn't want to wake her up, since she looked tired, so he took this opportunity to observe her features. He always thought that Sora was undeniable attractive. Whenever she held their hands together, he would feel his heart pounding and he couldn't denied the attraction he somehow felt for her. And right now under the dim light of his room, he looked at the girl as if she was the most precious being in the world. He just wanted to hug Sora and tell her that everything was going to be alright, that THEY were going to be alright. He wanted nothing more but to be with her right now, and pause this moment forever. If Sora was awake and if he wasn't so hesitant he even would have kissed her. Cheongsan almost did this, but he fought the urge since they were a lot of "if's" and besides his heart was settled for Onjo.

   Maybe if he had chosen his feelings for Sora instead of Onjo's everything would've been different. But he was convinced Sora would never return whatever he felt for her and for him, their friendship was way worthier than any of his feelings. ˳⁺⁎

...

"What are you talking about, moron?" Asked Daesu.

"Aren't they zombies? It's like the same thing. Come and look. I'm being dead serious" Cheongsan didn't wait for an answer from Daesu, he just dragged him to the window.

"Fuck" this was the only thing they all said, after the banging on the window startled the three students.

"It's Baresu. Quick let him in" they helped Suhyeok and Namra to get into the classroom.

"By any chance, have you seen Sora?"

"She isn't here? Wasn't she with you and Onjo? Shit no, I haven't seen her since the cafeteria" Cheongsan didn't bother to answer any of Suhyeok questions, he was way to anxious to do so. He considered going out and try to look for her, but he knew that they where not great chances of Sora actually being alive.

   After awhile some of them agreed that the best definition to describe  what was happening was a zombie apocalypse. The students knew they had to call for help to get out of there alive, but the bad thing is that the teachers had their phones. All of them worked together to try and find a phone that could be helpful. Luckily for them, Isak found one. Everyone urged Cheongsan about making the call to the police.

"Hello. I'm in Hyosan High School. Zombies showed up. Everyone turned into zombies" realization hit him hard and thinking they wouldn't believe what he just said. Cheongsan tried again. "They're not exactly zombies, but they're something like that. I swear this is not a prank. Please come here quick" and the call ended.

The classmates waited for a while but nothing happened and they started to freak out. Suddenly something extremely weird occurred. All the zombies that were once outside the classroom, started running in a different direction, leaving them behind. This surprised everyone but they decided to shrugged it off, since they didn't know what it meant. Everyone was getting tired of waiting, so Onjo took the initiative to call again, this time saying there was a fire in Hyosan High School. The only thing they could do right now, it's wait for someone to help them.

⁂ ⁂ ⁂ ⁂ ⁂ ⁂ ⁂ ⁂ ⁂ ⁂ ⁂ ⁂ ⁂ ⁂ ⁂

   Sora was trying her best to be cautious. She had her pocketknife in her hand, yet she didn't have the power or energy to slice every single zombie. At least that's what she decided to call them since she remembered all the conversation she had with Cheongsan about zombies not being real. She thought that calling them zombies was ironically funny.

Following her successful get-away from the cafeteria she began running. Sora would encounter some bloody students, but her personal defense lessons came handy since she could easily dodged them. She knew that the zombies had advantage over her, but Sora couldn't give up, not right now, since she was so close to the classroom.

The girl turned to her left and the odds were finally in her favor considering all she saw was an empty hallway leading to the classroom. She was eager to get inside, so she ran, looked at the window and when she saw her friends Sora immediately opened the door.

"Hey, assholes. Missed me?"

❏ ❏ ❏ ❏ ❏ ❏ ❏ ❏ ❏ ❏ ❏ ❏ ❏ ❏ ❏ ❏

Okay this is a longer chapter so I hope you enjoy it 😸

Word count: 1340 words ☾*‧₊