Chapter 23

Lately it's been common for Cheongsan to do something or say something that will break Sora's heart, so she wasn't excited for what was about to come out from his mouth

Lately it's been common for Cheongsan to do something or say something that will break Sora's heart, so she wasn't excited for what was about to come out from his mouth. For some reason when he said "Onjo and I"  something in her hearth banged really loudly. She actually got scared that someone else could have heard it.

"I just... I just want some water" Sora only rolled her eyes. However Cheongsan's statement didn't stop her classmates' questions.

"Be completely honest. Do you like someone?" Daesu asked. Sora could see all the curious glances thrown at his way. Most of them already knew the answer, even Sora, but they wanted to hear it from him. Maybe some of them were oblivious to the raising tension in the circle.

   Sora was fighting with herself to not let out a "don't answer that" scream, but she didn't want to seem obvious, even though most of them could easily tell she was head over heels. Perhaps the answer to his question would also help her broken heart to move on. The only problem was that somewhere deep in her, maybe her heart, was hoping that Cheongsan would call out her name.

"Yes" As if Onjo knew something her friend didn't, when Cheongsan agreed, Onjo gave Sora a knowing look. It didn't last long, tho, since she continue with the interrogation. 

"Really? You do?"

   Sora saw her friends exchanging looks and she lowered her head. Namra noticed this and offer a reassuring smile. It was like Sora's heart was breaking in slow motion. The interaction between her best friends was draining the girl and the tension was way too thick.

"Is it a crush? Who is she?" Onjo continued.

Sora would rather go back inside the school full of zombies, than listen to whatever Cheongsan was about to confess.

"No one"

"Who is she? Do I know her?" Onjo was trying to smoothly lead the answer to Sora, but like I said before, she was trying.

"You. You Onjo. I like you"

Everything that happened after that, went in a blur for Sora. It's true what they say, truth can be a bitch sometimes. The girl knew that eventually he would confess his true feelings. However she wasn't ready enough, so when we say that her whole body paralyzed, it is an understatement.

A sea of emotions hit her body. The waves constantly filling her lungs until she couldn't breath anymore. Suddenly fighting for her life seemed meaningless. She felt like everything she ever did was absurd. The kiss they shared at the classroom that meant the whole world to her, was nothing more than insignificant for him.

"What's the point of being a the most fearless teenager, when in reality I can't even handle the truth?" She thought to herself.

"He doesn't mean it. He's just kidding" Was the only thing Sora heard Onjo saying in a way to comfort her friend.