Chapter 20

Long story short, they decided not to throw out Namra, all thanks to Suhyeok persistence

   Long story short, they decided not to throw out Namra, all thanks to Suhyeok persistence. While most of them found it not very logical and selfish to risk everyone's life to save Namra's, Sora thought it was a perfect  and genuine love gesture. She wasn't cheesy or anything like that, but ever since what happened to Gyeongsu she felt a lack of love. Sora also thought her love life was depressing enough so she found herself enjoying her classmates relationships as if they were the lead characters in a kdrama. How she wished she could be the main character where everyone fell in love with. But her luck with love was helpless and complicated. The most simple way to put it was this: Sora loves Cheongsan, but he likes Onjo, and Onjo has heart eyes for Suhyeok, however he is head over heels for Namra. Damn, Sora was the only one who didn't have a secret admire, well except if you don't count Gwinam's obsession.

   Both students were sitting by the window with their hands tied up. It would be very romantic if they weren't in the middle of an apocalypse. That single thought made her even more depressed. They were just seventeen years old. They were supposed to enjoy times like this being carefree about everything. It was unfair how this problem had taken everything from everyone. At this age, the biggest problem they should have is thinking about studies, worrying about collage or friends and who would they fall in love with. Instead, they had to worry about surviving another day and how would they make it out, with all the odds against them.

Sora tried to study the atmosphere. She could tell in was tense, since everyone seemed to be troubled.
There was an unspoken beef between Cheongsan and Suhyeok that everyone was kind of unaware of. Sora was great at reading body language so it wasn't difficult for her to figure it out. Cheongsan was jealous. He knew Onjo had a thing for Suhyeok, and the fact that she keeps getting worried for him, makes Cheongsan jealous.

   The rest of them were either sleeping or glancing nervously at Namra. Sora also caught a glimpse of Onjo looking at Suhyeok and Namra, and she couldn't help to feel her heart aching. She knew what it felt like. Seeing your love one looking at someone else the way you see him. It sucks. And the worst part is that you can't do anything about it.

   What broke the silence was Onjo's small assuring voice saying it will be okay. Sora knew everything was going downhill and there was no place for hope, but she didn't want to engage in an argument with her best friend.

   The next thing you know, everyone's talking about Namra's situation as if the had a clue of what was going on. The words immune, blood, hambie (Daesu's new made up word) were thrown in the air as if it didn't affect Namra. Sora would only hope she couldn't hear what they were saying. She knew Namra was smart and she would do whatever was the best for the team. And this terrified Sora. She didn't want to lose another one.

   The girl's stomach made a growling noice after Daesu mentioned fried chicken. It didn't help that Joonyeong remained everyone that they haven't had any water in two whole days. She came up to reality when they brought up what Namra told them earlier, about how a person can die after not drinking water in three days.

"Stop complaining. There is nothing we can do about it" Sora spoke up. "Besides I'm getting hungry so shut it"

"How could you think about food with a zombie right here?" Jimin's question made Sora's blood boil.

"Shut up, Jimin. You don't know what you are talking about"

"Do you, Sora? Do you know what is happening here?" She asked with sarcasm evident in her voice.

"The only thing I'm sure of is that you are acting like a bitch. So shut the hell up"

"Am I the bitch? Let me remind you that the only reason why we are stuck in the music room is because you can't think about the consequences of your stupid acts" Sora scoffed at Jimin's accusations "You act like you are all brave and that, but you are just plain stupid"

"That's it" Sora stood up from her seat ready to fight her. And that would be the case if it wasn't for Onjo who held her back. "I'm sorry for worrying about my friends"

"Let's not do that among ourselves. We are all we have" Sora wanted to fight back Onjo's statement but she knew deep down her best friend was right.

   The next conversation was about how Nayeon had screw up everything else. She didn't want to participate in the convo since nothing good would come out from her mouth. The girl actually thought of falling asleep, but it was interrupted by Cheongsan.

"The PTA asked the parents to send stuff before the competition and asked my mom to send chicken"

   Later on Daesu tried to open locked door, to see if the food was there, but it was no use. Sora also tried with her pocketknife, however she easily gave up.

   All the kids were by far defeated. There was really anything they could have done to help. Was waiting the best solution? Would the rescue ever come? Sora didn't believe in that crap. She knew better than to trust the government or any police officer. The only hope she had was her parents, but it also fade away since she didn't have any memory to rely on.

   Everything was so quiet and the girl hated it. It gave her more time to be alone with her thoughts, who where eating her. She looked at everyone and the image wasn't very pleasant. Maybe they all wanted peace and quiet. The girl tried eye contact with Cheongsan, but since he was sitting next to Onjo, he wouldn't spare Sora a glance. A soft voice was heard from the next table, making Sora turn her gaze to meet Jimin holding a camera ready to film.

"My mom and dad came to the school to save me, but the cops and firefighters never came. If anyone sees this later, please punish everyone who should have come. Everybody abandoned us. All of them. I swear I'll make you pay" Jimin quickly wiped her tears off. She also left a message for her parents.

   As much as Sora disliked Jimin, she couldn't help to feel soft-hearted. Even though she couldn't understand what had happened to her parents (since she wasn't in the room when the drone was used) it broke her heart at how crushed her classmate sounded. And Sora realized everyone had their own battles to fight.

   Slowly one by one they left their message for their parents. When it was Sora's turn, she didn't know what to say. Nothing seemed right. Her relationship with her mom and dad was different from others. In fact, she didn't have a relationship at all. But one look at Onjo's sympathetically eyes, made her adjust the camera to her level and speak whatever came to her mind.

"Uhm, hi I guess. Look, I know we had our differences. And I think you were aware of my hatred toward you" but she quickly changed the subject when she heard Onjo's ahem. "But deep down I really care about you guys. And I'm hoping you feel the same way towards me. Maybe you are in some Europe country eating some fancy steak and red wine, but please use some of your contacts to help us out" she swallowed some of her pride to say the next words "I know I'm not the best daughter and sometimes I can act like a jerk, but I really, really, really need you right now" tears didn't take long to dwell in her eyes.

   She quickly passed the camera to the next one and tried to play it cool, as if it didn't hurt what she just said. Cheongsan came close to her and offered a hug. He knew about the struggles in her home and how hard it was for her to ask for anything to her parents. Cheongsan held her close and for a moment she forgot everything he had said before.

"Stupid, Sora. Look how love makes you put everything aside just to enjoy his presence" the teenage thought to herself.

"Guys, I know how we are getting out of here" And just like that Onjo brought hope to everyone again.

❏ ❏ ❏ ❏ ❏ ❏ ❏ ❏ ❏ ❏ ❏ ❏ ❏ ❏ ❏ ❏

I'm sooooo sorry for this long update. It's just been hard to get myself to actually write something. It's difficult to come up with new ideas 😵‍💫
But I'm trying my best I swear 🫡

Word count: 1481 words ☾*‧₊