Chapter 3 "How to Change" by Flower (part 2)

The next day after Four was visited by Flower at the cliff, Four went down to meet Flower. He knew if he wanted to change, he needed Flower's help.

Flower was at the sea shore where Firey and Leafy sailed away to find their Dream Island. She was sitting down and throwing rocks into the water while looking and admiring the view. It was quite beautiful, like her. (At least, that was what she thought.)

Four arrived at the beach, having got information on where she was from Gelatin when he was on his way to work at his brand new steakhouse restaurant. What a lucky encounter! But, there was no time to admire that luck as he ran to Flower to get down to business.

"Flower, I am here. Sorry, I didn't know where you were. Gelatin told me so I made it, now.", he explained. Flower held up her hand. "Nonsense, Four, you're right on time. I am so happy you are ready to become a good person and a good friend. But, before we begin, I want to ask you why you truly want to change. So, why?", she asked.

Four looked down. He never put in the deep thought of who he wanted to be better and be truly good. He just did. Also, because he knew Gelatin was right about horrible he treated all of the contestants during BFB. The confrontation at the sun was enough to shake him and set him straight.

"I guess I just want to be friends and make things right. I feel bad for what I had done to all of you. I should never have done those horrible things to any of you. And now I know, my actions is what caused me to almost lose everything. Even the other contestants that I had lost to Two.", he explained. "I don't want to be without friends, but I don't know how to be good or be a true friend, please help me."

Flower looked at Four as she paused for a while. Then, she slowly smiled.

"I understand, Four. But, to truly change, you must understand fully of the things that you did in the past were wrong and you must take responsibility for all of it, even if you don't like it.", she said.

Four nodded and sighed. "I know, and it stinks.", he said. Flower nodded in agreement with a rather disgusted but understanding look. "I know, but, you got to be held responsible for the actions you did.", she said.

It was rather awkward, truly. Four and Flower were trying to take responsibility for their past actions and it was not pleasant, but they knew it was a step in the right direction.

"Now, you must think of all the ways you can better yourself and do good. That way, you can do those actions and make it easier for you to do, until you start to genuinely believe in what you do and have it come naturally.", she explained.

Four looked up and wondered how he would even remotely think of good things. He tried to think of the good things he already did, especially throughout the show. That would be a good place to start as he thought about it.

Four thought about how he recovered contestants every time they would die. That was one. He thought about the time he promised X not to screech anyone anymore. That was two.

Four continued to think of all the good things he already did before thinking of the new things he could do. First, Four thought he could help others if they needed help, like helping Gelatin with his restaurant or help Flower with her fashion line. He could help Blocky with his pranks and help Woody with his fears and help him overcome his fears and other people's fears as Woody started to do that as well. He thought about X. Oh, X. What a friend!

Four never thought that X would be quite the friend he turned out to be. Looking back at the BFB block that Gelatin had, Four saw how horrible he treated X. From screeching him, to slapping him, to even tearing off his leg! Ouch! Four was racked with guilt as he continued to think.

"I am thinking about everything you said I should think about.", Four said after he thought about everything for a short while. "I think I am ready for the next step.", he asked. Flower took a deep breath. "This is the hard part.", she explained, with a deep sadness. "What is it?", asked Four. Flower took another deep breath. "You must let your friends go if they don't want to be your friends anymore.", she said, sadly.

Four was taken aback by this. Surely, there was another way.

"Surely, you don't mean that.", Four said in a panic. "Yes, Four, I do.", she replied.

Now, things were getting serious.