Chapter 5 Helping

Four woke up the next morning with a spring in his step and a good attitude. He was in a very good mood. It was time to change and show that he was a good person.

Four got out of bed. He looked over to his sleeping roommate on the other bed. X snored gently. His stomach rose and fell in a smooth rhythm. There was even drool falling from his mouth.

Four smiled. It was a cute sight.

Four walked past the sleeping X and made his way down to the kitchen. He wanted to surprise X by making breakfast. He got right to work.

It was a challenge but Four managed to cook something simple yet tasty. X came out of the room and yawned.

"Good morning, X.", said Four. "Good morning, Four.", X replied.

X ate his breakfast along with Four on the small dining table.

"Thank you for breakfast, it was good.", said X.

*****************

Four went to Gelatin's Steakhouse and Flower's Fashion Store. Four helped wait tables, served drinks and food, and helped Flower with her clothes. He sowed, stitched, and measured the clothes, particularly the sweaters.

Four helped Woody later on with helping others with their fears. He would coach Woody's clients by telling them to breathe, to close their eyes, to helping them with counting to stay calm.

Four then went to Blocky and helped him with his show, "Blocky's Funny Doings International".  Four helped Blocky with his pranks. He made sure to serve as a moral guidance so things would not go out of control, but he was still very happy and excited to be a part of the pranking fun.

The pranks included: dumping ice buckets on unsuspecting people, filling sodas with mentos and placing the bottles next to a sleeping person, filling the bathtubs with bubble soap, placing banana peels under the feet of many recommended characters, and plenty of whoopee cushions hidden everywhere- from bushes, to chairs in the restaurant, to blades of grass, to even couches in the lobby of Flower's stores.

****************

After a long day of helping the others and trying being a good friend, Four went back to his house, where X was fast asleep on the couch. A video game controller was in his hand, dangling over the edge of the couch cushion. Four looked at the screen of the TV and saw a pause menu.

Four chuckled at the sight. He simply shut off the TV, placed the controller on the ground, and gently picked up and cradled X in his arms as he made his way back into their shared bedroom.

Four entered and gently set X on his bed while he pulled back the sheets on X's bed, then he picked him back up again and placed X in his own bed and tucked him in. X continued to sleep soundly as the sheets were wrapped around him. Four smiled before walking back to his own bed.

"Good night, my buddy.", said Four before drifting off to sleep.

"I am changing. I am changing...", Four thought to himself as he closed his eyes.