Part 1 - Happy place

You get woken up by the buzzing of your irritating alarm. Ugh, it's a Monday which means school. Still having your eyes shut and trying to cancel out the noise of your alarm you slam your hand onto the metal clock and try to make it shut up.

You drag your body off your bed and go straight to the bathroom to go freshen up. Your brushing your teeth when suddenly you hear your mum from the other room calling you to come over.

You spit the toothpaste out and wash the corners of your mouth from the white toothpaste stains. You walk over to your mums door and slowly open it to see her looking quite pale and sickly laying in her bed. 'What's the matter mum?' you ask looking quite worried for her.
'Sorry honey, can you please pass me my pills and bring me up a glass of water?'

'Sure mum, has Tommy left already?' you ask whilst passing your mum her pills.

'Yes, he had to leave early because him and his friends have a test coming up and they need to study for it.' your mum says obviously knowing that they didn't go study for their test.
'I doubt that. They probably went on their motorbikes around the city quickly before school.'
Your mum quietly chuckles to herself which then turns into quite a nasty cough.

You try to help your mum by trying to pat her on the back but that doesn't help. You rush downstairs to go get a glass of water and bring it upstairs to your mum.
She takes one sip still slightly coughing but it goes down by the next two sips or so.
'Mum, do you need anything else I really should start heading to school now.'

'No honey thank you, there's some money on the counter for your lunch I didn't have time to make your favourite sandwich last night.' says your mum apologetically.
'That's fine mum, thank you!' you say rushing out of your mums room and into yours to quickly put on a simple outfit, some lighwashed jeans and a plain blue t-shirt. You rush downstairs, take the money off the counter and a breakfast bar to eat on the way to school and then dash out off the door.

*******
You got to school panting by the loss of breath you had left inside you. BUT you got to school 5 minutes early so you decided to go to your locker to go put your books away. Whilst you were walking towards the entrance of the school, there was Tommy with his fifty other friends in a group, laughing. You were tempted to say something to him about leaving your mum so early but you dismissed him and continued walking.

You got to your locker and placed all your books inside. Closing the locker you get a slight fright by seeing Ali, one of your bestest friends leaning against the locker beside yours.
'Ali! you gave me such a fright' you say with a deep breath.
Ali chuckles and hugs you 'I missed you'

'Ali we haven't seen eachother since Friday, that's not so long ago.' you chuckle slightly.

'I know, but I feel like you need some extra hugs for today especially since it's Monday!' Ali smiles at you making you do the same. You loved Ali with all your heart! She was the bestest friend anyone could ask for and you were just so grateful to have her in your life especially since your mother was starting to get poorly.
'Anyways, me and the girls were hoping maybe you could come down to the beach with us later after school today?' she asks softly.
'Ali..i..i..don't know..'

'Oh come on, it'll be so much fun! We'll listen to music, splash in the water, maybe even play soccer with some of the hot boys there?' she winks playfully.

You smile at Ali and slightly laugh
'I'd have to see first if my mum needs anything, I mean I can't just leave her on her own, and knowing Tommy he'll probably be out tonight!'
'Okay, well if anything we'll be at the beach, I really need to get going to class now but I hope to see you there tonight, bye!' Ali waves and starts walking away backwards whilst giving you a soft smile.