Part 6 - 'My treat'

Daniel, when he immediately sees Johnny, he turns right back around to face the door and starts walking out. You look at Daniel walking away and then Johnny, giving him a small stare whilst squinting your eyes at him and giving him a small dirty look.

You run out the dojo to see Daniel already across the street.

'Daniel, wait up!' you shout from the street opposite Daniel.

Daniel stops in his tracks and faces you, who was already catching up with him.

'What's the matter, was it the sensei or Johnny and his friends?' you ask Daniel.

'No! It's this stupid town! Everywhere I go I either get pushed around or bullied. Now, that I want to find a place to practise self defense, I can't! Because of those jerks!' Daniel says pointing at the window where you could see your brother, Johnny and the rest.

'Daniel, I'm sure there's another dojo somewhere around here!' You say trying to cheer up Daniel.

'Yeah, i doubt that.' says Daniel facing the ground with an upset expression.
You look at Daniel feeling kind of bad for him. 'Hey, should we get some lunch? My Treat.'

Daniel lifts his head up and slightly smiles 'Sure, my mum works at a place I'm sure she'd love to meet you.'
'That's great!' You reply back

*******
Saturday night has arrived.
Johnny didn't tell you where he was taking you so you decided to wear some jeans, a plain t-shirt and a jacket on top.

Currently, it was 6:09pm. Johnny said he would be at yours at 6 but you don't think he quite knows your address.

Suddenly, you hear a knock at the door. Before you have the chance to walk over your mum opens the door.
Your heart starts beating fast since you didn't tell your mum about Johnny yet.

'Good evening, I'm here for your daughter.' You could hear Johnny say to your mum with a nervous tone in his voice.

You get up, walk to the door and step in front of your mum. 'Hey...Johnny' You say with a awkward smile.
'Can we get a minute? I'll be 2 seconds.'
Johnny replies with 'Yeah sur-' Before Johnny could finish his sentence you shut the door in his face.

'Who's that?' Your mum asks with her hands on her hips.

'Mum, it's just one of Tommy's friends. He asked me if I wanted to hang out with him tonight.'

'He asked you? Okay, well where is he taking you?' She asks questionably.
'I don't know, he said it's a surprise.'
You say watching your mums expression drop.

'Surprise? What, is he planning to kidnap you or something?'
'No mum! He's not like that!' You say louder than you expected knowing that Johnny probably heard you outside. 'Did dad never take you on surprise dates?'

'Oh, so this a date now? How long have you been seeing this boy?' Your mum says still annoyed at you.
'I don't date him mum! This is the first time we've went out together with no Tommy and no friends.'

Your mum looks at you then the door.
'Fine' She replies 'BUT be safe and don't be stupid!' Your mum adds on.
You roll your eyes playfully at your mum and say 'Thank you mum' You give her a small kiss on the cheek and walk out the door to see Johnny standing there and scratching his neck...

•••••••
Hey everyone!
Sorry for the short part today. I'm quite busy and have a swim meet tomorrow so unfortunately no new part till next week. Hope you all can understand and have a great rest of the week!<3