the surprise of my life

Still holding y/n's hand, I look at her, her beautiful scarred face. I noticed that her eye twitched. "George I think she's waking up!" I say looking at him and back at y/n again. 

-

y/n pov:

I heard voices though everything was still black. Was it the voice I heard before? No... It feels like I recognize these voices though. I opened my eyes. I was In the hospital? I looked at my hand, it felt like something, or someone was holding it. A second later I found out it was Wilbur holding it. I looked over to my left and saw them sitting there. 

"Hello" I dryly said to break the awkward eyecontact we had. "How are you feeling?" George asked. "I'm doing great but... I m sorry about your car..." "It's okay, don't worry. Man's got insurance" He said striking a cool-like cringey pose. This made the three of us erupt in laughter. 

I then took a glance at Wilbur. What was he doing here...? He also looked back at me. As George noticed what was going on, he decided to give us some space.

-

After a couple seconds of awkward silence I decided to have the first word. "I'm sorry... It's my fault you have been feeling terrible. I ended our relationship knowing it would hurt us both without even hearing you out. I'm sorry I was just so scared because of my past relationships... It's all my fault..." 

"It's not your fault, and it isn't ur fault ur scared of things like this, it's because of those terrible past partners you had. You shouldn't apologize for those feelings. Also it's my fault, everything. I kissed her, she decieved me and I should've known... I'm sorry. Look at you... You seem more affected by the break-up than me, I've heard it all from George... I'm so so sorry that I had let you go through this... I feel like such a dick..."

"No, don't apologise, I caused this... If I had just listened instead of ending ou-" "I don't want to hear it, stop apologizing" He said as he kissed me. 

"I love you" I told him. "I love you so much more" He smiled at me. 

-

"And then she said 'Goodluck with your girl, or should I say your ex?' while she grinned! I can't believe her..." "It isn't your fault and it isn't my fault we ended up like this. It's because of her, we just gotta accept that" I said. "Yeah, I guess." We both smiled at eachother. "I missed you" I hug him. "I missed you too darling..." 

A second later George walks in. "Things ended up well I see? You guys back together?" Me and Wilbur give eachother an accepting look and say "yes" at the same time. 

A month later:

Everything ended up well. I got discharged from the hospital and I am back to living with Wilbur again. The time we had spent here together was great, friends visited, we streamed, we laughed, we cried, we played with Snow. I could've never have imagined my life to turn out like this. 

I get out of my bed. There was a letter near my door, as if it had been slid under the door by someone. It said "To my beloved Y/n". I opened the envelope, It was filled with hearts. The letter read:

___

Goodmorning my dear,

I have a little surprise for you today! Make sure to be ready at six in the evening :)

dress code: fancy

Xxx, Wilbur

___

I made my way downstair to be welcomed by the smell of freshly baked pancakes. "Goodmorning love" He smiled at me. "Goodmorning" I kissed his cheek. I then took a seat. He put two plates on the table, his and mine. He then filled two glassed with fresh orange juice. "Hope you enjoy it" "I will, love you!" I said excitedly. The pancakes looked so delicous. And I'll tell you, it definitely was delicious. 

"So, what's this surprise you have prepared?" I wondered. "It's a called a surprise because you can't know what it is yet. You will find out later today though" He said giving me a grin. "hpmf" I pouted. I was so curious as for what it could be. "It was delicious by the way, thank you" I said. 

___

It was four in the afternoon. I was getting ready for our date. We had watched movies all through the morning together. I was lucky to end up with a man like this, I loved him so much. 

After I took a bath I called my two best friends Niki and Minx, asking what I should do with my hair. We ended up going for a cute bun. They also helped my pick out my outfit. It was a long black elegant dress. We decided to go for glittery gold eye makeup and a crimson red lipstick. 

"You look stunning" Wilbur said as he kissed my hand. "You do too love". 

__

We arrived at a luxurious restaurant. It looked really expensive though. We were brought to a private dining room next to a large window. You could see a beautiful skyline while the sun began to set. Above us was a beautiful detailed chandelier and on the table stood a candle and some flowers. 

"Before we eat I want to tell you something..." "Sure, what is it Will? Also this restaurant is beautiful!" Excitement could be heard in my voice. 

"I fell in love the first moment we had met. We spent a lot of fun times together. Eventhough not everything always went well, we always managed to make up. I love you so much that I can't imagine a future without you... So I am asking, will you marry me dear?" He said as he held up a beautiful diamond ring in a fancy silky red box. 

"Ofcourse I will" I said as we kissed. A tear fell from my eyes, I was so thankful for him and everything else that had happened to me. 

"I love you Will" I smiled, full of happiness. I had never felt greater joy in my life than at this moment. "I love you too".

This really was the surprise of my life, wasn't it?