Chapter Five

I woke up the next morning feeling exhausted. Yesterday was a lot. Not only did Marcus break up with the best person to have ever entered his life, but now I am dating Tate. I can't even wrap my head around everything and now I need to deal with Algebra right in the morning. I got out of bed and got ready for school. After getting dressed in a simple black shirt with blue jeans, I left my room going down to the kitchen to have a nice breakfast before heading to my most dreaded place. I noticed that my father wasn't here so I guess he went to work already. I quickly made some banana pancakes before cleaning up a little while eating the food. I walked over to Novia who was standing next to the door and sighed while grabbing my bag. Dad must have not had time to walk her this morning. I grabbed the leash, tied it to my little baby and we were out the door. I locked the door before hearing Novia bark at something. I followed her gaze and saw Austin leaving his house with the rest of the Dallas family, most likely going to school. I smiled at the cute brunette who didn't notice me but I didn't mind, looking at him from afar is what I do best. I left the front porch with Novia and we walked the neighborhood before I needed to leave her back home and left for school. I arrived at school about twenty minutes later and was greeted by Tate waiting for me at the school gates.

"You ready to have the whole school think we're dating?" He asked while handing me a coffee cup filled with my favorite caramel macchiato. I smiled softly at him while taking his hand.

"Yep, let's convince the world" I stated confidently which cause the pinkette to laugh. We walked into the school while holding hands and many people's eyes were on us. Our school is really prone to care about gossip so the news of a new couple will surely spread like wildfire. We walked over to my locker when I heard the familiar voice of Austin.

"Valentino! We need to talk" He stated in a somewhat angry tone and Tate smiled. He kissed my cheek before following Austin to wherever he is taking him. I smiled while taking my books and going to class. Hopefully, Austin doesn't kill Tate, he might be an idiot but I still need him alive.

It was now lunch and after all the classes I had this morning, I am in need of some food. I left my Korean language class, closed my locker, and made my way to the cafeteria where hopefully I will run into either Tate or Austin. I haven't seen them since this morning so I'm hoping nothing bad happened. I arrived at our regular table where I saw Tate sitting there with pizza. I smiled while sitting next to him.

"So what happened this morning with Austin?" I asked him while grabbing the fresh pizza slice that was for me. Tate may be my fake boyfriend but he really is a really good one.

"He definitely chewed my head off for dating you but before we could continue the conversation, Travis took him away" He explained before frowning. Tate has had a crush on Travis for a very long time now which is probably why he wanted this fake relationship in the first place. Why is Travis talking with Austin?

"Do you know what he wanted?" I asked my 'boyfriend' who continued to frown.

"No clue. He took Austin away and I haven't seen either all morning" He explained while bitting into his pizza slice. I wonder what Travis wanted? I continued to eat the pizza when Austin walked over while holding Travis's hand. They sat down with smiles on their faces.

"Hey Peyton, Valentino, have you met my new boyfriend Travis?" Austin said with a grin. I stared at them before looking at Tate who frowned harder.

"When did this happen?" Tate asked with a forced smile. I grabbed his hand to reassure him.

"Earlier. I found out that Austin and Marcus broke up and decided to shoot my shot and we decided to take it slow but we're official!" Travis explained with his thick Texan accent.

"That's cool, I'm happy for you two," Tate said with the same forced smile. He stood up and started walking away.

"I'm gonna go make sure that he's okay," I told the new couple before walking away and following Tate. I can't believe he's dating Travis a day after breaking up with Marcus. How could he move on so fast? I walked the halls in search of the pink-haired boy who was in the bathroom.

"I don't understand how this happened? How could they be dating? Peyton you know Austin better than I, is this what he does?" He was ranting and pacing the bathroom floor.

"This doesn't make sense, trust me. Austin was completely heartbroken yesterday and now he's dating Travis? He's never even shown interest in Travis. I didn't even know he knew Travis Sawyer" I told him while taking his hands.

"Well, it's safe to say the plan failed. We're supposed to be making Austin and Travis jealous, not end up with broken hearts and a fake relationship" He stated while sitting on the cold ground. I joined him and leaned on him.

"It's okay Tate, this probably won't last. You and Travis are a lot better than him and Austin" I reassured him while smiling sadly. I really hope this is all some weird joke.

My boy Austin messed up! How can he date Travis when Peyton is right there! He's such a fool but its okay things have got to end well right? I wonder what will happen now. Also, next chapter is in Autin's POV because we must know why and how he even got with Travis.

~Jess