Chapter Eleven

Lunch was unexpected. I thought that I would be eating with my friends but after Tate took me aside and told me that he almost exposed the plan and begged me to confess to Austin, things were just awkward. We eventually separated and Austin asked me if I wanted to go for a walk. I obviously agreed since I wanted to spend the rest of the day with him but I could also see how excited he was and I could never say no to that. We left the neighborhood and passed the town. I smiled when I realized where he was taking me. I could recognize this path with my eyes closed.

"You're taking me to the flower field!" I stated with a smile. Austin looked down at me and pouted.

"You were supposed to be surprised" He whined causing me to chuckle.

"Well, I'm pleasantly surprised that you want to go back. The last time we were here your father had just died and I tried everything to make you smile" I told him while holding his hand. Austin smiled sweetly at me.

"I know, it was a sad time back then but today's special" He explained while pulling me along with him. Nothing is special about today, I have every special date logged into my brain and today is nothing. What does he have planned? We continued walking until we arrived at the familiar tree in the field of flowers. We sat down and Austin smiled at me.

"Do you remember when we found this little sanctuary?" He asked me and I smiled. We were little and we were running away from home since we were now able to make our own decisions and we found this place.

"You're mom was so worried. They couldn't find us all day and grounded us for a week" I stated while laughing. He grinned while groaning at the memory.

"I couldn't see you for a week" He pouted and I chuckled before laying down. He joined me and we ended up looking at the clouds.

"Look! It's a turtle" He exclaimed while pointing at a cloud that did look like a turtle. I grinned and looked for another cloud.

"This one's a dolphin," I told him and he followed my gaze with excitement. I chuckled at how cute he is when he sees dolphins. Austin is really such a cutie. He looked at me with a gentle smile before rolling on me.

"What are you doing Austin?" I asked while staring into his brown eyes that were really close to my face. He stared at me for a while, glancing at my lips every so often before surprising me and capturing my lips in a kiss. My eyes widened before closing and kissing him back. I can't believe this, Austin is kissing me! We kissed for a while before he pulled back with a smile.

"Sorry, I couldn't hold myself back anymore. I was staring at your lips and I needed to kiss you" He explained while sitting up and against the tree. I moved into his lap and smiled.

"I apologize for being irresistible but umm why did you kiss me?" I ask him while getting comfortable in his arms. He sighed while wrapping his arms around me and playing with my hair.

"I like you, Peyton. Like definitely more than a friend. Travis told me how he felt about Tate and I couldn't help but think about you. You're cute and adorable and amazing. You're always there for me and you always make me smile. I decided that I don't care if this ruins our friendship, it's worth the risk" He confessed and I smiled. I cupped his cheeks and looked at him.

"I love you Austin. I have always loved you but I have been in love with you since we were sitting right here in middle school and you smiled at me. Your risk was well taken" I said while grinning at him and pecking his lips and his nose. He grinned at me before pinning me down.

"You've liked me this entire time but never told me? Why were you dating Valentino then?" He asked while staring into my eyes.

"We had a plan to make you and Travis jealous, I would never date Tate willingly because I would never be with anyone other than you" I explained while wrapping my arms around his neck, bringing him down towards me.

"Thank goodness, I knew something was strange when you told me you were dating" He concluded before gently placing his lips on mine in a passionate kiss. I can't believe this is actually happening! I'm actually kissing Austin!

THEY KISSED!! Finally, the ultimate couple has gotten together. Goodness I've never seen two people more confused about their clear feelings. Next chapter they will be telling their parents who will obviously be really mature and quiet about this and totally not fangirl that the ship has sailed.

~Jess