Chapter 8 - Under the stars

9:00 PM, Tuesday, 5, October, 2022

Y/n's Pov:

"But how could he do that to Kate!" I say, tears running down my face.

I set the book 'Me Before You' on the coffee table as Aaliyah pats me on the back.

"Awww it's okay" She says as she reaches for the plate on the coffee table "Would you like a 'choccy biccy'"

"A whatthefuckin" I blurt, my voice all shaky from crying.

She holds out her hand to reveal a plate of bourbons, the best chocolate biscuit, I take one and slowly munch on it.

00:00 AM, Wednesday, 6, October, 2021

I lay awake staring at my ceiling, I can't sleep. My mind is going 100 mph, I can't stop thinking about Wilbur.

I decide to get up and get some air.

I put on a cardigan and my uggs before going upstairs and climb out of a window we have in the spare room onto the roof. I crouch slowly finding a place to sit that I won't fall off of.

The air is crisp and there is a slight breeze, I pull both of the ends of my cardigan and rap in around me.

It is pitch black outside out the moon lights it up a little. I look up to see millions of stars filling up the night sky. I sigh before laying my head back on the tile roof to fully admire them.

I wonder Wilbur doing right now. I think to myself wondering if he may be staring at the same stars I am, or is he in the same city I am,
or is he thinking about me like I am thinking about him.

Wilbur's Pov:

I open the doors of the small balcony connected to my hotel room. I step out on to the balcony leaning on the railing.

It's a bit chilly but nice. I can only here the cars below me driving and the small voices from Tommy's room next door, I guess they're not sleeping either.

I look up to see the sky with a million stars staring back at me. I smile, stars are so beautiful.

I stand there and wonder if y/n is thinking about me, cause I think about her the whole time. Every minute of every hour, every hour of every week.

I think about the first time I saw her, when she bumped into me, when we grasped hands as a pulled her up, when our eyes met and she smiled at me, when she gave me that book. I think about everything, everything that happened that brought her to me, me to her.

I here a soft knock on the door, and realise it's probably Tommy and the others cause the voices have stopped from the there room.

"Come in!" I say quietly but loud enough for them to here.

I'm getting ready to have a room filled up with teenage boys messing around, but I'm surprised when I see just a quiet Tommy walk in.

"Hello" I say.

"I couldn't sleep" he says walking over to the balcony "I guess you couldn't either?!"

"Yeah, couldn't get my mind to shut off."

"Oh, what were you thinking about" He says standing next to me on the balcony.

I look down, a soft smile appears on my face.

"Ooooh!" He whispers nudging me on my arm. "Have you met a woman???!!!!"

I laugh a bit looking up at him. "Maybe, maybe I have!"

Tommy gasps a bit and I can tell a bunch of questions are about to be thrown at me.

"What's her name" he says shuffling about getting excited "Is she nice, is she an E-GIRL!"