Chapter 12 - Micheal

6:00 PM, Thursday, 7, November, 2021

I place down a stack of books on my desk, and begin the sort through them.

A tingling noise comes from the back of the room, it's some keys.

I turn my head when I see MICHEAL!!!!!!!!

"MICHEAL!!!!!" I shout, dropping everything and running over.

"Hello Y/n!!!" He says back.

He drops his bag and opens his arms for a hug. I jump in and give him a tight squeeze while he giggles a bit.

"I've missed you too." He laughs.

"How's your holiday been?!" I ask.

"Oh it's been lovely!" Micheal smiles "How's my tan!"

Micheal gives me a little spin.

"It looks great!" I chuckle.

"Well, I've actually got someone for you to meet!" As he says this, a kinda short, pretty, old women with brown hair and brown eyes walks through the back door. "This is my wife Lola!"

"Hello!" I smile shaking her hand.

"Hello! Young Whippersnapper, you see I'm like the kids!" She chuckles giving my hand a squeeze and stroking my face.

I don't exactly know what she means, but I like her so I go along with it.

"Oh, that's just missgurl for you! That's what I used to call her back in 2003 when we met on an online game! See look I'm a GAMER!" Micheal rambles.

"I'm sure you're a great gamer!" I joke.

"I am! Missgurl is great too!" Micheal says, Lola giggles.

"Ahem!" I hear from behind me "Don't want to intrude, but I was hoping to talk to Y/n!"

I turn around to see Wilbur standing at the door with messy hair covered by a hat and a yellow scarf held in his hands.

"Oh, yes totally forgot!" I say looking around for my things. "Sorry Micheal but I'll see you tomorrow!"

"Don't you worry Y/n! Have fun with your 'friend'" He laughs nudging my shoulder.

I give him a dirty but funny look before grabbing my bag and heading for the door.

"Bye Micheal! And it was great to meet you too Lola!" Lola giggles and latches in to Micheals arm.

"Buh Bye!" She says.

The glass door closes.

"Hello!" A long breath leaves my mouth.

"Busy day?" asks Wilbur.

"Meh!"

"Ahh I see!" Wilbur laughs "Where do you want to go?"

"Coffee?"

"Coffee!"

-

We are sitting down in the coffee shop, the same shop Wilbur hand brought me coffee from many times before.

Wilbur has a cappuccino and I have a latte. There's a moment of silence while we both stare out the window.

The silence is killing me.

"I really like you Y/n!"

My head instantly turns to see Wilbur's sweet face looking at me, and I can tell he means it.

"And I understand if you don't feel the same, I mean I felt like we had something going on, oh and I'm sorry for randomly danc-"

"-Wilbur!" He stops and looks at me. I put my hand on his hand that was placed on the table. "I like you too, like a lot!"

A rush a relief runs over his face.

"You do?" I nod.

"Of course I do!" I say.

"Well then!" He smiles "Would you like to go on a date with me tomorrow?"

"Yes, yes I would love too!"

"Great!" Wilbur smiles at me and it's no smile I've seen before. I smile back. "I'll pick you at six, I'm assuming from the library?!"

-
I arrive home, happy.

Micheal's back, I'm going on a date with Wilbur and my relationship with Aaliyah is going great.

Wait, where's Aaliyah i haven't seen her in awhile.

*Slam*

I hear the front door slam shut. And then I see a grumpy looking Aaliyah barge through the door.

"What's wrong!" I ask

"Jackson, that's what wrong!" She shouts.

"Oh what's happened, did you have a fight?!"

Aaliyah holds her head in her hands and bursts out in tears.

"H-He bro-ke up with... me!" She manages to get out in-between breathes.

"Aww! It's okay!" I say running over to her patting her on the back.

She hugs me burying her head into my chest. We just sit there for awhile, hugging, stroking her back.

Eventually she sits back up her eyes all puffy from crying and a small quiver still on her lip.

"I-I think I'm okay now." She states.

"Am I aloud to shit talk him now?!" I laugh.

She nods and smiles.

I then began to tell her all the reasons Jackson what a 'bitch'' and how she deserves so much better.

9:00AM, Friday, 8, November, 2021

I walk into the library, and I get this nostalgic feelings. It feels like ages since I've set foot in the library for a normal days work.

"Y/n!" I hear a shout from Micheal's cupboard.

Micheal runs out with his mop.

"So, what did you think of Lola?!" He asks beginning to mop for no reason.

"Oh! I thought she lovely!" I say proudly.

"I'm so glad you think that"He smiles in agreement "She said you seemed like a great employee!"

"Well, tell her I say thank you!" I say putting my things on my desk, preparing for the day.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Writers note:
Nearly 200 views, thank you!!!!! Also Micheal's back <333