Chapter 9 - a late night walk

6:00 PM, Wednesday, 6, October, 2021

Wilbur's Pov:

"So..." Tommy says from the other side of the phone. "Did you get her number?"

"No, cause we're going on a walk rn, not later, NOW!" I say lowkey freaking out.

"That's so cool man!" Tommy cheers "You still gotta get her phone number tho, texting is important!"

"Oh shut up, what do you know?!" I tease.

Tommy laughs.

"Okay I better go, bye!"

Y/n walks out of the library waving to Gilda.

"You ready to go?" I ask.

"Yep all ready!" She says smiling at me.

I begin to walk, she follows next to me. I begin to get butterflies thinking about the fact I'll be hanging out with Y/n for more that just in the library.

"So, where are we going?" Y/n's voice brings me back to reality.

"Where ever you wanna go!" I say turning around arms open wide signifying every place we can go.

Y/n laughs before stopping to think.

"Well I want you to take me to your favourite place!" She says her eyes staring deeply into mine.

"Okay, well your in for a ride then!"
I say beginning to walk again.

We walk for awhile talking about random things, our favourite books, songs, places we want to go one day.

"I really want to go to New York!" She says "Especially at night, it's like the stars but your surrounded by them!"

"You like the stars?" I ask staring at her.

She stares back before we both look away.

"Yeah I love them, there so pretty, I can't explain why but they make me so happy." She explains, i listen.

"Yeah, I totally, there like the second most beautifulest thing I've seen in the world!" 

"What's the first?" She asks. Then I realise what I've said. So I stare at her.

We both stop and she starts to blush to blush looking away.

I laugh before realising we have arrived at the destination.

"This is it!" I say pointing out on a bench that sits on a hill that looks over the city.

We climb the hill and both sit on the bench and just sit in silence.

The sun is slowly setting turning the sky orange and purple. The air is starting to get colder, but a nice cold and the city is slowly lighting up.

"Soon the stars will be out!" I say. She smiles.

"Do you come here often?" She says turning to face me.

"Sometimes, usually when I just need a place to escape I come here."

"I can see why!" She says turning back to the city.

We sit for awhile not talking, just admiring.

I sometimes take glances over to see what she's doing and yet she's stays the same.