Chapter 25 - Tears

09:00 PM, Friday, 6, December, 2022

Y/n's Pov :

It's been a day and Wilbur's still not talked to me. Chad has come to the library a few times asking about Wilbur but I've not told him anything.

I've been hiding in the library as I can't go to Wilbur's and I'm not sure if I want to try explain everything to Aaliyah.

Micheal has been keeping me company. He seems to be the expert on love, I agree with him because it seems to be he has had many girlfriends in his time.

I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket. Wilbur?! I take my phone out and it's him. It's Wilbur.

"Wilbur?" I answer the phone in a rush.

"Y/n." He says with no emotion.

He sighs and shuffles around a bit, "So... you've got some explaining to do?" He says in the same monotone voice.

"Will- I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry." I complain, "Can we please meet up in person."

He doesn't reply leaving just his short breaths echoing through the phone.

"Right fine." He says.

"Thank you!" I start, "It's all a misunderstanding."

"Yeah yeah, I get it." He says, "Just come to mine whenever."

He hangs up the phone and I run out the door to catch the next bus to the other side of Brighton.

-

I call Tommy and tell him I'm going to Wilbur's. He asks what happened with over the phone and I tell him I'm still yet to explain but I'm doing it now.

I walk down the road I have been many times, usually hand in hand with Wilbur, but not today.

The ground is covered in puddles that I try dodge while walking on the pavement. The moon is out but gets covered by dark clouds every minute or so.

I arrive at Wilbur's. I slowly knock at the door hoping Wilbur will let me in.

A few seconds later I hear heavy footsteps followed by the door being unlocked. Wilbur opens the door.

He looks terrible. His hair is greasy and all over the place, he's not wearing his classy Wilbur soot outfits and... has he been crying?

"Will- I-" I try to speak.

"Come in." He says.

I step in and he shuts the door behind me. We don't go into the living room and I don't take of my shoes we just stand menacingly in the hallway staring at each other.

"So..?"

I breathe in once. Im just gonna explain everything. What the worst that can happen?

"So." I start.

Wilbur raises and eyebrow at me but seems to be listening.

"A year back or so I went to America to visit my uncle, Larry. When I was in America, I met a man called Chad at one of Larry's party's."

Wilbur folds his arms and sighs a little.

"We talked the whole night, I gave him my number and then we continued to talk." My voice begins to quicken, I can't tell if he's taking this well, "I never dated him, I never had intentions of dating him, I was just happy to have someone to talk to."

He nods his head and scrunches up his hair a little.

"Soon after it was time for me to go back to England. I don't tell Chad as we didn't have anything going on and it not like I wanted to do long distance so I just deleted his contact and came back here. I started working at the library again, I moved in with Aaliyah and a year later I met you. I haven't even thought about Chad once while I've been with you, I swear I haven't."

Droplets of sweat fall from my forehead. I look up at Wilbur, he seems unimpressed.

"Why did he think you were dating then?" He says with a general look of confusion.

"I don't know. But we weren't." I'm starting to get pissed, "Look! I gave you an explanation."

"I don't understand. If you never dated him. Never told him you moved back here. Never told him you were dating me. Then why a year later does he show up at the library getting all excited to see his girlfriend." Wilbur says getting agitated.

"Will- How the fuck am I meant to know! He's the creepy stalker, not me!" I shout at him.

"Listen all I'm saying is that people don't normally travel over fucking seas to find people they were never dating." He begins to shout back.

"Right! We sent hearts to eachother! We sent hearts a few times! That's all!

"You sent hearts to each other? Y/n we don't even send hearts that often?" He complains.

"I don't understand why your getting so worked up about nothing!" Blood runs through my veins, what the fuck is happening?

I properly stare into his eyes. They glare down at me with the mite of a hundred angry bulls.

He scoffs, "Y/n! A man showed up to the library you work at telling me he's your boyfriend!" He sounds like he's about to start crying, "And you won't even give me an explanation to why he would think you were dating if you only texted."

"I already told you! I have no fucking clue!" I scream, "I don't know, maybe he was so madly in love with me that it sent him across the fucking sea, love does crazy things to you!"

"Uh huh- is that so. You know what love also does it breaks your fucking heart! I loved you! I fucking loved you!" Tears begin to stream down his face.

"Wilbur- I'm sorry." I walk over to him putting a hand on his shoulder he pushes me away.

"Get out." He says.

"What- Wilbur, no- I" I start.

"Get out!" He shouts.

I slowly walk backwards, maybe he'll change his mind.

"GET THE FUCK OUT!" He screams and I'm out the door.

Rain falls down on my head. Where the fuck do I go? I don't bother dodging puddles I just run. I run until I get to the pier.

No one is here, only the moon that still shines even if it's pouring with rain.

I start to cry. What the fuck have I done? I sit at a bench. Did I go overboard? What the fuck has happened?
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
WHATTT THE FUCKKKKK yeah so I didn't really know where this was going but now this has happened.