Chapter 23 - Rain

20:00 PM, Thursday, 5, December, 2021.

Wilbur's pov:

I'm charging down the street in the pouring rain trying to get to the bus in time.

How could y/n do this to me? She's been dating Chad! Fucking Chad! This whole time.

I hear my phone ring from my pocket... I'm not answering that.

I feel my eyes begin to well up with tears, luckily the rain disguises it. My socks are soggy, by hair is damp and my heart is shattered.

The bus pulls up at the bus stop ahead of me, I run to catch it. As I sit on the bus the tears continue to fall and I have to try to hide them from the people who have stared noticing.

I look at my phone:

6 missed phone calls
Y/n 💕
Y/n 💕
Y/n 💕
Y/n 💕
Ash Kabussy 😘
Y/n 💕

Fuck.

What the fuck has happened?

-

I arrive home, a mess. I don't even get through the door before I'm calling Tommy.

"Come on, pick up! Pick up!" I mumbling while pacing up and down my hallway.

The line rings a few times before he picks up, "Hello Wilbah!"

"Tommy are you busy?" My voice sounds distraught.

"Will- are you alright?" Tommy asks concerned.

"C-can you just come over."

"Alright... big man." Tommy hangs up the phone.

Ten minutes later I hear a very quickened knock on y door. Tommy. I answer the door and Tommy runs in. His hair is wet and he looks concerned.

I just hug him and begin to cry. I can't think of anything to say or do, so I just cry. I think Tommy gets the message as he hugs me back tighter.

His hoodie begins to create a big wet patch from all the tears it has soaked up. He rubs my back slowly as I sob.

"Will- ?" He whispers.

I don't reply.

My knees begin to fall and soon we are on the floor. Tommy leans back... he looks scared, I've never cried in front of him before.

"What's wrong Will?" His voice soft but stern.

I struggle to get the words out, "Y-Y/n."

I hold my hands up to my face like I'm ashamed while Tommy continues to stare at me. He reaches out to hold my shoulders and pulls me in close. Even though he's single and definitely has never had any interactions with a women, I get the feeling he understands.

"Fuck! Fucking Chad!" I shout remembering how mad I am and not only Y/n but also that fucking American prick.

"Chad?" I pull my hands away from my face and look at Tommy.

-

Five minutes later and we are both on the couch and I'm explaining everything. My voice is still shaky and my face has swelled up.

"So yeah... she's had some fucking secret boyfriend called Chad this whole time." I complain.

"I'm so sorry Wilbur." Tommy looks at me in shock. He thinks for a few seconds, "Well what's gonna happen between you two?"

"I don't know?" I breathe, "Obviously I still love her a lot, but all this Chad stuff? How am I meant to know that any of my interactions with her were real?"

The rain has stopped and purple and orange sunset is slowly fading between the clouds. I stare out the window and feel dread knowing that if  Y/n was here this view would be so different.

"Awww man." I burry my head back in my hands again.

Tommy scoots over to me, "It will end well, Will, it always does. I'm sure it's just a misunderstanding."

"Yeah... maybe."

-

Tommy goes home and I go to bed.

The moon shines through my window and on to my face. The cold draft wafts all around me and my thoughts bug my head... I can't sleep.

I reach over to my phone and pull up my voicemail. There are three from Y/n.

I listen to the first one:

"Wilbur?" The voicemail rings. She sounds sad, like really sad.

"I know you probably don't want to talk right now..." She pauses and sniffles before continuing, "...but I'm sorry and... can I please explain. I promise it is a misunderstanding."

There's another voice behind her that I recognise as Michaels. He says something, "It's okay Y/n." Or "Don't worry Y/n."

"Right, bye." The voice mail stops.

An explanation? What is there to explain? It's pretty obvious that she couldn't decide who she wanted more, American fuckboy? Or me? And she's right I don't want to talk right now!

My face begins to go red as I click the second voicemail.

"Oh my god Wilbur!" She shouts into phone, "Please pick up!"

It stops.

I can't even play the third one. I throw my phone to the other side of the room and try to sleep, I'll deal with this in the morning.

-

The next morning I don't get out of bed. I don't think I can.

Tommy called me to check up on me, I didn't talk much. I notice that Y/n tried calling again as well. Fuck that. I do miss her though. I miss her heavily.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
A bit short ik but Wilbur angst.
Also tysm for the support I've been getting recently it's actually so cool <33.