Chapter 3 - The Fall

9:30 AM, Wednesday, 29, September, 2021

I open my eyes, greeted with the sound of my phone buzzing.

"Ahh shit!" I'm late for work.

I grab my phone to see that it is Micheal calling me. I answer while rushing out of my bed to find some clothes.

"Hello!"

"Running a bit late I see?!" Micheal says, causally.

"Yeah, I'm so sorry I missed my alarm and-"

"Don't worry about it, just get here as quick as you can." Micheal cuts me off.

"Yes, Yes Of course."

"Bye" he says

"Bye!"

I change my clothes and grab my bag before running out the door with an empty stomach.

As I'm running down the street looking at my surroundings, the sun rolling in and puddles on the stone floors. My hair is a mess, my shoes not even on my feet properly.

In the back of my mind I laugh at my self, how silly am, i missed my alarm and now I'm running down the street a total mess.

A bell rings and I realise it's a bike in front of me, so not wanting to waste anytime I jump out the way and stand at the side letting it go past.

I turn around to start running but something stops me and I fall down to the floor.

"Omg, I'm so sorry!" A voice said to me, the voice sounded calm and pretty. I feel like I've heard this voice many times before.

A hand reaches out to me, I look up to see... it's him. The guy, the guy from the library, the guy I have been looking for.A kind smile spreads across his face. And rush of butterfly's run through me. I can feel my face get hot. Seeing him this close up makes me realise how pretty he is.

I grab his smooth hand and slowly stand up as he pulls me up. It takes me a while to realise I'm holding his hand.

"H-Hi" I stutter shocked that I had actually met the man of my dreams.

"I'm so sorry!" He said

"No, no it's fine I should have been looking where I was going."

I pick up my bag, trying to put all of its contents that had fallen out back in.

"Hey I like that book!" He says pointing to the book I had in my hand.

"Ahh, The Notebook, a classic" I say, looking down at the book.

"Sad thing is I don't have my own copy, I did try look in the library yesterday but could find it!." A sad expression pulls across his face.

"Oh, I work at the library!" I smile, that's what he was looking for yesterday "Yeah I think that book is not available right now!"

"Oh that's sad, but it's cool to see that you work there."

"I mean you could take mine, I finished reading it ages ago and plus I work most days so you could always drop it off when your done!" I say, giving me an excuse to see him again.

I smile holding the book in hand.

"Really!" I smile at him insisting he takes the book. "Well in that case I will." He smiles and takes the book out of my hand.

A short moment of silence comes over the both of us.

"I'm Wilbur!" He says smiling.

That's his name, Wilbur, that's cute.

"I'm Y/n!" I say back.

"Well, it's nice to meet you y/n."

I smile

"I better get going, I have to get to work." I say looking of into the distance at the road I have to walk down.

"Oh, yeah of course, maybe I'll see you there sometime?" He says pulling up his jacket and fixing his glasses.

"Yeah, you will." I say smiling and walking past him.

- Time Skip -

I walk into the library, my mind clustered from what just happened.

"Ahh y/n your here!" Micheal says.

"I'm so sorry!"

"No no, don't worry, Gilda took your shift." He says pointing to my desk.

I'm pleased to see that Gilda is there, Gilda is my employee who works upstairs sorting books.

"Oh, thank you." I say.

"Yeah, yeah it's fine, we all miss our alarm every once in a while."

I smile before going over to my desk to put my bag down.

"Hey Gilda"

"Oh! Hello! Your Here!" Gilda says hobbling from behind the desk.

"Yeah, I missed my alarm."

"It happens to the best of us, well I'll let you work!" She says smiling and walking away.

A sigh sitting down. What a crazy day, I guess staying up late thinking about... Wilbur was worth it. It feels weird to know his name, but I'm glad that I do.

- Time Skip -

The rest of the day is fine, random thoughts of Wilbur pop into my head but most of the time I'm focused on work.

As I get home I sit down on the sofa and wonder, did Wilbur feel that same way I did when I first saw him? Will he actually return my book? Why am I attracted to him?

These thoughts all ramble on my head, but I set them aside and just relax for the night. I'll get answers sometime.

8:00 AM, Thursday, 30, September, 2021

*Beep* *Beep* *Beep*

There goes my alarm, but I'm already awake.

The fear of missing my alarm again hit me the moment I closed my eyes, so I jsut didn't sleep.

So like every morning I get up, hear Aaliyah's small morning speech, get ready for the day and then off to work I go.

I put on some music. It's pretty boring not bumping into a pretty face as you walk to work, even if it only happened one time.

Meteor Shower
Cavetown
—————————-0——————————
-1:34                                                    0:45
->  [Play]  <-

I arrive at the library with a smile on my face, proud of the fact I'm not late.

I walk in I see someone familiar, someone I did not expect to see...
-
-
-
-
-
-
Writers Note-
Hello, hope you liked this chapter.
Also to my one viewer <3 love you (you know who you are)
Have a great day :)