Chapter 20: Sky

"Happy Birthday, Lucas!!" sigaw ng mga tao ngayon dito sa party.

It's December 17 today and It's Lucas' birthday. Naghanda ng party ang family niya para sa kanya. At first ayaw niya pero dahil pinilit ko siya, pumayag na siya. Hindi alam ni Lucas, kinausap talaga ako ni Tita para pumayag na si Lucas. Haha!

"Let's go.." hila ni Lucas sa akin palabas ng venue.

"Where are we going?" tanong ko sa kanya habang naglalakad kami palabas.

"You know I don't like parties like that. My mom just talked to you, that's why I'm here." He said casually at heto ako gulat dahil akala ko pa man din successful ang plano namin ni Tita.

"How did you know that?" tanong ko sa kanya. Naupo kami sa isang bench at litaw na litaw ang mga bituin sa langit.

"Both of you are bad liars." sabi niya at tumawa na lang ako dahil doon. Kinuwento ko lahat sa kanya ang naging plano namin ni Tita at tawang-tawa siya sa kapalpakan namin.

After that, we decided to sit there and just watch the stars. I leaned on his arms at agad naman niya akong inakbayan. All we could hear are the plants dancing with wind, the water fountain, and the crickets chirping. It's so peaceful.

For some people, they said it was really hard and awkward to be with someone and have some dead air or mere silence between the two of you but with us, it's different. Both of us love sharing this silence, this calmness that we feel with each other.

I've never experienced peace like this until I met Lucas. He is that little piece of me that I never knew I needed until I met him.

"Lucas Sky..." I said breaking the silence.

"Hmm?"

"Aren't you tired?" I asked.

"Of what?" he confusingly asked.

"Tired of... me. Tired of understanding me, tired of waiting." I said while still leaning on his shoulders.

Honestly, I don't really think na I deserve this kind of care that Lucas gives me. He's the one who always understands. Sometimes, I know that he really wanted to ask questions about everything but he never did.

"Blue..." tawag niya sa pangalan ko.

"I will never get tired of you. No matter how long I'll wait, I'll always choose to be with you." he said then held both of my shoulders to face him. "Kaya don't ask questions like that, I'll get tired of everything, but never with you."

Tumayo ako at naglakad palayo sa kanya. Naramdaman kong sinundan niya ako.

"You can stop waiting now." I said not looking at him.

"What do you mean? I just told you that I'll wait for you no matter how long then you'll say that." I can hear his frustration.

"Tumigil ka na nga sa paghihintay." I said.

"No, never." he said.

"Lucas--" I looked back at him.

"Ayoko, hindi ako titigil." he cut me off. "Let's not talk about this today blue." sabi niya at naglakad na siya. Nilampasan niya ako but I ran to him and I backhugged him.

"Hey... galit ka ba?" I asked.

Hindi siya sumagot. I just heard his deep sigh then he looked at me. "Blue, I will wait for you. Please don't tell me to stop because... I really don't want to. Ask me anything but never tell me to leave you---"

I cut him off with a kiss on his lips. Itong lalaking to napaka-overthinker. He was taken aback but after a few seconds I felt his lips slowly moving and kissing me back.

"Who told you to leave me?" I asked between our kisses. "I told you to stop waiting for me because now, I think... I've already fallen in love with you, Lucas Sky Wolf..."

"I...i love you." I whispered.

Dahil sa gulat, he looked at me straight in my eyes. "Wait, what did you just say?" he asked.

"I love you, Lucas Sky..." ulit ko and I saw how his eyes sparkled.

"I love you too, Genevieve Blue." he answered back after planting a kiss on my forehead.

"Thank you, Blue or should I say, Thank you love." he said then he hugged me tightly.

• • •

"I'll pick you up later at 6:00 PM." I read the sticky note Lucas left in my locker. It's our vacation break and we decided to go to Batanes.

Dumaan ako sa school para ligpitin ang mga gamit ko since everyone is getting ready na rin for the next school year. Habang nagliligpit ako ng gamit, I've realized na sobrang dami na palang sticky notes na sinusulat i Lucas everyday for me dito sa locker ko so I decided to buy a jar para dito.

Nagtricycle na lang ako papunta sa mall dahil malapit lang naman sa school. Pagkababa ko dumiretso ako kung saan may mga nagtitinda ng mason jars. Habang pumipili ako ng design, I saw a familiar guy approaching me.

"This one's nice." turo ni Sebastian sa blue na jar sa harapan ko.

I just rolled my eyes at him at nilampasan ko siya. Lumipat ako sa kabilang parte ng aisle pero sinundan niya pa rin ako.

"Did I do something wrong to you? Bakit parang galit na galit ka sakin?" he asked at litaw na litaw sa mukha niya na totoong nagtataka siya.

"No, I just don't want talking to someone I don't know." I said habang namimili sa mga mason jars na nakadisplay.

"But you know me, Blue and I know everything about you." he casually said and that's it! Tiningnan ko siya straight to his eyes.

"You know what? actually Yes, galit ako sayo! I don't even know you and how can you even know something na I never told anyone. You know everything and I fucking hate you for that." I said at naglakad na ako sa counter at nagbayad.

Who are you, sebastian? How do you everything? About Celine... How? I decided to go to the cemetery dahil maaga pa naman.

"Celine Mae Pineda" nakasulat sa lapida. Lumuhod ako para punasan ito.

"Celine, I miss you..." I looked at the sky to stop my tears from falling. "I'm sorry for not visiting you for 2 years." I wanted to go here everyday but I didn't have the courage. I coudn't deal with the guilt and anger I have in myself.

"Celine, alam mo ba malapit na akong mag-3rd year sa course nato. You've always wanted to be a PT someday pero ang daya mo. Iniwan mo ako magisa dito, sabi mo pa man din sa akin, we'll be PTs together at gagamutin natin ang isa't-isa." pinunas ko ang luha ko na kanina pa pala bumabagsak.

"Please help me fulfill this promise you left me... I'm still finding him, I'm sorry if it's taking so long but I promise I will never stop until I find the man you called that day..." pinunasan ko ang luha ko at tumayo na ako.

"Luke..." That is the name I saw on Celine's phone when that tragedy happened.