Chapter 9- And the winner is.....

That night, I had fallen asleep talking to Mako. I woke up the next day, stuffed underneath my sheets and Mako's warm scarf wrapped around my neck.

I peered over the open window that Mako had probably left from. I rose from bed to close it.

The whole morning, I was in my room. I decided to sew up Mako's scarf for him, when there was a slight knock on my door.

My dad slowly opens my door as he slides himself on to my bed. "Do you know there is a hole in your door?"

I nod my head remembering Ikki slamming into it. "I'm aware."

"I heard you went on a date last night?"

I mentally slap my forehead. "Who told you, mom?"

"Actually, Ikki did."

"Are you here to lecture me about how I'm not allowed to date until I'm married?"

Dad raises his eyebrow. "Yes, but that's not why I'm here. I'm attending a council meeting at city hall, I was wondering if you wanted to come along side me?"

When I was younger, I hated attending those meetings, but maybe my hatred for it had changed over the years.

I place my yarn on my lap. "Really, is it bring your daughter to work day?"

"No, that was last week and I brought Jinora; I just thought that maybe one day you would like to lead the air nation."

I hysterically laugh. "Me as councilwoman?"

"What is so funny?"

I pause. "Wait, you're serious?"

"Of course I am, when am I never not serious?"

"Good point,"

Long story short when we arrived, I had fallen asleep in the chair beside my father.

Half an hour later, I groan awake as I hear voices arguing.

"Good morning, sleeping beauty," Tarrlok waves from across the table.

He then turns his head to Korra and the boys who had randomly arrived. "I will not put innocent lives at stake just so you and your friends can play a game."

"Pro bending might only be a game to you, but think of what it means to the city. Right now the arena is the one place where benders and non benders gather together in peace...to watch benders.."

"Beat each other up in peace!" Bolin continues for his brother. "It's an inspiration to everyone! Tell them Fara."

I squint my eyes at them. "I don't even know what's going on here."

Dad sighs beside me.

"I appreciate your naive idealism, but you're ignoring the reality of the situation." Tarrlok slightly grins.

"The reality is, if you close the arena, you let Amon win!" Korra passionately says.

"I'm sorry, but our decision has been made." Tarrlok says, about to finalize the decision by hitting the gavel. However, the gavel was snapped in half by a metal line.

My eyes slightly widen as the line retracts to the person who it belonged to. "I can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree with the Avatar."

"You do?" Tarrlok says.

"Yeah, you do?" Korra says in disbelief.

"I expected this kind of cut and run response from Tenzin, but the rest of you? Come on, show a little more backbone." Lin says. "It's time that the benders of this city displayed some strength and unity against these equalists."