Chapter 1 ~ How She Had to Be

IMPORTANT! THIS IS A SEQUEL! IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE FIRST BOOK "Things are Almost Perfect" THEN LEAVE RIGHT NOW AND GO READ THAT ONE! YOU WILL NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT IS GOING ON IF YOU DON'T!

Also, this is an AU meaning that things are not the same as in the MCU. And we have mixed the characters' personalities together from the MCU, comics, and many other shows. So if they don't act exactly like you would think they would, that's why.

And slight warning, this book will deal with anxiety and panic attacks. So just be warned about that. I will put a trigger warning at the start of the chapter that has panic attacks in them.

PLEASE TRY AND KEEP THE COMMENTS CLEAN! And no being rude in them either! We're all Marvel Nerds here!

The art on the cover is not ours.

Enjoy.

Why weren't things ever perfect?

Yelena had freed Inaya, gotten her sister back, and was finally introduced to the Avengers.

But things still weren't perfect.

Yelena didn't trust the Avengers. They didn't know or understand her, and she didn't know practically anything about them. Sure, there were a few Avengers who she trusted slightly more than others, but she still wouldn't trust them with her life unless the circumstances forced her to.

And she was still afraid that Natasha would decide she was too weak and leave her. Then she would go back to being Black Widow and would throw her life away for strangers, leaving Yelena alone again.

That's why she was excited when Melina called. It gave her a reason to snatch Natasha and Inaya away from the Avengers and go back to the farm... even if the farm wasn't quite where Yelena wished to be. At least she knew it was safe there.

Everything came crashing down when Clint spoke up.

No one could let Yelena even pretend that things were perfect for even a fraction of a moment, could they?

Oh, how she wished she and her life could be perfect.

Like how it was for everyone else.

Like how the Red Room told her to be.

Like how she had to be.

Why weren't things perfect for her?

Maybe....

Maybe she just didn't deserve perfect?