Chapter 2 ~ .....Just You Wait.....

"Why are you leaving?" Clint asked.

"And where?" Captain America added.

Yelena sighed, she really didn't want to deal with this right then, "Do we really have to tell you guys?"

There was a chorus of yeses in reply.

"We might as well," Natasha said, "Inaya needs to know anyway."

Yelena grumbled something in reply.

A few minutes later, everyone was settled in the living room, except for Cooper and Nathanial, who Laura had sent outside to play with Fanny. She was going to send Lila too, but Lila convinced her not to because she was "too injured".

"So, you gonna spill everything?" Sam asked.

"Apparently," Yelena muttered.

"They would've found out eventually," Natasha pointed out.

Yelena was convinced that was her way of telling her that she would have told them about everything eventually, "I guess so."

Wanda smiled at them. "You don't have to be pressured into telling us everything." she said, "No matter what those idiots tell you."

Bucky and Captain America nodded in agreement. Yelena tilted her head to the side, trying to figure everyone out. Wanda was encouraging, but also seemed curious, which surprised Yelena. She had been in Yelena's head a few times, why didn't she just learn Yelena's whole past then?

Bruce seemed calm, but also curious. Yelena could tell that Tony was burning with curiosity, probably because it annoyed him that he couldn't figure out Natasha's past before then. Sam seemed excited.

Yelena wasn't sure what Bucky was thinking, it was hard to tell with him. Steve seemed impartial about if they told them or not, which made Yelena wonder if he already knew.

Yelena already knew for sure that Clint knew most of it. Maybe even all of it. She wasn't quite sure how much Natasha told him.

Laura didn't seem to know though. Lila was excited. That was the only way to explain it. But she was at least trying to hide that excitement and remain calm.

Natasha and Yelena glanced at each other one last time before they started at the very beginning.

Ohio.

"Wait, so you're saying that you guys lived with each other in Ohio for three years posing as a family?" Bruce asked.

Natasha nodded and Yelena looked back down at her hands. What was she supposed to say? That it was a fake three years? That it was a fake family?

Yes. That's what it was. Fake. The whole time.

It was real for me.

But not to anyone else.

It was real to Nat, she said so.

She could be lying to you, just like everyone else.

"Yelena?"

"Hmmm?" she looked back up at her sister.

"They just wanted to know how old we were at the time."

"Oh. I was six, Nat was twelve."

"So you're... thirty-four years old?" Tony asked.

Yelena glanced back at her hands, closing her eyes for a moment. Five years. She had missed five years. And when she came back nothing was the same, "Not... not quite."