Chapter 3 ~ It's a Long Story

Little info for this chapter, Fingerspelling is l-e-t-t-e-r. Signing normally is words. And an unknown sign is -unknown-

Also, credit to @MorganTheStark for the Blackhawk idea :) (Thanks a bunch Morgan!)

The farm was exactly like Yelena remembered it being.

The greeting was a bit different though.

The first person they met after landing was Nichole, one of the Widows that Yelena remembered being very confident, to the point of being somewhat rash.

Confidence killed you in the field.

But then again, Yelena couldn't blame the other Widow for being confident. Honestly, Yelena thought it was kind of a good thing she was. Most of the other Widows were more silently confident, outspoken-ness was something they needed to have around.

"Oh hey Yelena.... are those the Avengers?"

Yelena shrugged, "Only some of them."

Nichole just blinked at her, her mouth open slightly.

Apparently, she was also a fan of the Avengers.

Yelena mentally rolled her eyes, "Where's Melina?"

"Oh, uh, right," Nichole said, snapping out of her daze, "She's over in the house with Alexei and a few of the other Widows."

"How many Widows are there?" Clint asked.

"A lot." Nichole answered, glancing at Yelena to make sure what she said was okay. At least she knew enough to not tell them more information than that without clarification.

Yelena nodded at her.

"Only about ten of the others are here right now," Nichole added.

"Where are the others?" Wanda asked.

"Most of them are on missions... but....never mind. Melina will tell you about that," Nichole said, "Wait, is that Natasha?"

"Hi," Natasha said.

If Yelena didn't know better she swore that Nichole would have passed out, "Wh- .... She...?... How?"

"It's a long story," Yelena said, passing by her and heading towards the house.

The others followed her, Lila jogging a little to catch up to Nichole.

"Hi!" she said, "I'm Lila!"

"Hello. I'm Nichole."

Lila practically bounced as she talked with the widow.

Yelena led the way into the house and to the main room. It turned out that Nichole didn't tell them that all the widows that were at the farm were with Melina.

That was something Yelena wished she had known before she walked inside.

"So you're finally here?" Melina asked.

Yelena nodded, ignoring the gazes of the other widows, "And I brought a surprise."

"If you're talking about the Avengers you brought with you then I was right, I don't like this surprise," Melina replied.

"Man, the first thing you say to your daughter in almost a year and it's that you don't like her. That's mean," Natasha stepped forward, a joking smile on her lips.

Melina and the other widows were surprised to say the least. They all thought that Natasha was dead. And yet she was standing right there in front of them.