The Barista and the Shock

A/N: Another chapter in the same day?! Whaaaattttt????? Well, hope you guys enjoy!

After going to the mall, KDA and Y/N, and Vi all decided to head home. (Well, K/DA went to their hotel, but you probably get what I meant). They were all tired out after shopping, and both Y/N and Vi needed to do their homework for school. In all the excitement for the concert, both Y/N and Vi didn't do theirs. They had to write two pages, front and back, on pivotal turning points in the BGME War. The war between the non-magical and the empowered. They were positively, utterly fucked. Y'know that term, FUBAR? That's their situation right now. It was supposed to be a simple half-page assignment on a specific battle in the BGME War, before their professor in a drunken state changed it to a two-page assessment worth half their grade.

Now, you may be thinking, 'Hey? Why doesn't their professor change the assignment again? Surely, he could do that." But, you see, he couldn't because he doesn't know how he did it the first place.

Y/N was extremely worried. If he had done it on Saturday and today, he probably would be able to finish it. However, he only had one day to finish it before turning it in the next day in class.

"Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit..." Y/N continued to mumble as he opened up his laptop and began to open up different sites on several separate tabs. As he started to slam down the keys to try to word vomit all over the document, his phone rang.

"Uuuuuuggggghhhhhhhhh!" Y/N groaned while moving his hand to the phone.

"Hello?!" he said in a faux-cheery tone as he pulled the phone up to his ear.

"Hey, this is Akali..." Akali responded to Y/N. "You busy or something?"

Y/N slowly turned around to his project and winced. "Uhhhhh...no, not particularly, why?"

"Oh! Cool, I was just wondering something. You're  going to school, right?"

"Yeah, Hextech Academy, why?"

"Oh cool, I was just wondering. Anyways, I got to go. Talk to ya later!"

"W-wait! What was this about? Why'd you- annnnnddddd she hung up."

Y/N sighed before putting his phone back on his desk and collapsing back into his desk chair.

"Welp, back to work, I guess."

Y/N tried, he did, but every time he opened another tab to research, he just couldn't read; his sight would blur, and his ears would ring. Y/N rubbed the bridge of his nose and sighed. His chair made a long squeak as he leaned back. A few seconds paused as Y/N contemplated if he should try to start it again.

Y/N looked at his watch. 12:30, it wasn't too late for coffee, was it?

'I mean, is there even such a thing as 'too late for coffee'?'

Y/N quickly shot out of his chair and made a beeline towards the door, beginning to jog as he exited the complex.

--Y/N POV--

(A/N: Whhhhhhhaaaaaatttttttttt?????)

"coffee" stood out from the other businesses with its (extremely) creative name and innovative coffee recipes. In which, it was exactly like other coffee shops, and I was spouting out complete bullshit. I don't even honestly know how it kept itself afloat. I guess it just shows that people will buy coffee from anywhere.

I opened one of the massive glass doors that led into the building and walked inside. The scent of freshly brewing coffee immediately filled my nose.

"Hi, welcome in!" a voice called out. I looked over to see an incredibly cu- colorful girl dressed in the plain black apron that all employees were forced to wear.