Chapter 19- Questions

Previously on The Magical Son:

"They are not barbarians"  America defended. 

"Then what are they?", England asked.
__________________________________________________________________________________

“Do they fight all the time in Britain?”, France asked as they hid in the kitchen with Britain who just covered his ears shaking steadily as he slumped down to the floor.  France understood the message and slumped to the ground hugging her knees.  “My father and brother fight too.  They don’t get too far though and eventually things come back to normal”, France said with a toothy smile looking in Britain’s direction.  Britain didn’t respond.  Too many thoughts were flooding his mind, and the worse thing was Britain was unable to fully express this to his friend.  Most of the time he just sat or stood there and sucked it all in unable to fully “let it out”.  

Britain sniffed and started ugly sobbing.  His father and America weren’t the quietest of fighters.  In fact, they were very loud as if they were yelling directly in front of him.  It was similar to a concert blasting with your favorite creators and music, but instead of the music you loved it was two angry knuckle heads arguing.  Britain looked at his tears.  His sobbs didn’t even sound normal.  ‘Why am I so different?’Britain thought to himself.  He scanned his friend’s worried eyes in the smile they displayed for him. ‘Why can’t I just be like America or Father’, he thought to himself as his eyes darted to the counter in front of him.  He slowly took his hand and bit into it hard.   

“YOU ARE NAIVE BOY”, yelling could be heard throughout the castle.  Britain's nerves worsened as he slowly fell into a hole of child doubt. ‘This is all my fault’, his thoughts never left him alone.  Everything seemed so big and wanting to swallow him whole like a sinkhole. .  Soon an arm wrapped around him and took him out of the sinkhole , and instead brought him into a warm embrace.  

“Shhhh no cry, no cry”, France cradled Britain close to her.  ‘Maman manque toujours tes câlins et tes baisers. Pourquoi avez-vous dû aller avec les étoiles?’, France thought to herself as she remembered memories of her mother from once upon a time.   Her eyes began to well up as tears forced their way out of her eyes.   ‘Why did you have to go with the stars?’, She thought to herself once more but this time in English.  

“I wwwwwiswhos taaaaaiiii wwis ormal”, UK tried to speak, but it ended up in winded gibberish.  If only there was a sign language or something.  That would be something truly spectacular.  

“I like you the way you are. You would be so boring if you were like everyone else”, French commented on Britain’s poorly said sentence.  Britians eyes lit up, and he pointed at his mouth.  “Yes yes I understood you. What kinda friend would I be if I could not know what you meant in a matter’s notice?”, France said playfully.  

“What is going on here?”, Wales said coming into the kitchen. Both UK and France looked up at Wales.  “Oh I see. Sad bundle?”, Wales said as he slumped down next to them.  France and UK both nodded.  “Mind if I join?”, Wales asked the bundle of sad depressed children.  

“Only you promise not to tell”, France said defensively. 

“I am Wales. When have I ever told anyone anything?”, Wales acted betrayed.  France giggled while UK did a simple involuntary smile.  UK extended his hand to accept the offer. 

“Sure you may come into the sad bundle”, France said, trying to act tough. 

“Thank you, I am deeply in your debt”, Wales said.  He pulled both kids close to himself.  They all cuddled in the sad bundle for comfort.  Wales because the children needed it.  UK because he doubted himself, and his father’s love.  France because she deeply missed her mother.  Together they were the ultimate sad bundle. 

England took a breather. “Look, I wish not to continue this argument with you. I'd rather not worry UK so truce?”, England said to his son.  He extended his hand as a truce offering. 

“Um sure, but Pa why would we need a truce?”, America questioned with utmost confusion written all over his face.  Were they arguing before perhaps?

“For the fight we just had”, England said, confused about America’s respondonce taking his hand back in.

“We were fighting?”, America questioned.  The last he remembered, they were all sitting at the diner table enjoying the meal that his Father provided.  Did they end up fighting?  He does remember walking down the halls and his room but that is mainly fuzzy.  Why is everything after the dinner so fuzzy and hazy?

“Yes, mainly about your apparent friends, and how they want representation and whatnot.  It is apparent that you do not remember this, but it just occurred.  America, are you feeling well?”, England said as questions continued to pile themselves in his mind.  There was a definite problem, but that problem has no solution.  There was no solution for Memory Illness. 

“Yes, I feel just dandy.  I do agree with them on some scale.  It is unfair to tax people who have no representation, and rights, but like you said no important topics until later.  That was the plan after all”, America said to his Father.  This was the last time he ate right before sleeping.  It hurts your memory you know. 

“Well yes” England said, still confused as ever.  There was no way it would be solved here.  England would need to go back into the forbidden library and see if his fears actually mean something.  It was highly likely something like this would happen.  It was only a matter of time.  

“Good I am glad we settled on something.  Now let’s go see what Britain is up to Father”, America said, dumping all questions for a later time.   There was no need to continue this right at this second.  He had plenty of time before Washington, and Hamiliton struck something.  He only needs to convince his father to show the king the idea of representation of the people of America.  America could be the hero of peace in this stressful situation, and no war would have ever needed to necessary. 

“Yes, that would be ideal”, England said walking toward the garden where Britain was last. 

“Still using fancy talk?”, America teased his Father, following him closely in the direction of the garden.  UK and France should still be fine.  No?  The garden was connected to the forest, yes, but they had Wales to protect them.  That would initially be enough, no? 

Author's Note:

Hey Sorry that as of late I haven't been posting or be on this app entirely.  In truth, I have had school + an writer's block for awhile now.  It didn't help that our teachers allowed us to draw after we did all out work so my creative brain was satisfied or the facts that I mostly write at night. Plus I got a Deviant Art account so there is that, but in the end that is unimportant.  The important in all of this is that you guys enjoyed it. And that writing on a laptop is epic and writing on a phone sucks ass.

Word: 1093

Date published: February 19, 2022