Flashback

You ran. You ran as fast as you could. But you knew deep inside, you couldn't outrun these guys. They were like tanks, and they'd show up somewhere before you could even reach the place. Eventually you fell to the ground, exhausted. Mercury dripped out of your mouth as you tried to catch your breath, but you quickly got pinned down. 

''Failure.''

You started screaming. ''Let me go!'' 

''Failure.''

''Please, I promise I'll do better next time.'' You cried.

''Failure.'' 

You looked up and saw Theo standing not too far away from you. ''Please, help me, I don't want to die!'' You begged, but he did nothing. He just stood there. 

The last thing you remember was a needle being injected into the side of your neck, throwing up even more mercury and eventually, your whole body going numb and blacking out.

---

You gasped for air and shot up. The first thing you saw was Theo, holding one of the dread doctors' needles. ''What? what happened?'' You asked, completely confused.

''You died, and now you're alive, I think.'' He seemed a little worried, it being his first time actually reviving someone, but he sighed out of relief and stood up. ''Come on.''

''You.. you were there? If you saw me dying, why did you not save me?''

He shook his head. ''I couldn't. I knew that I would lose the fight against those doctors.''

''So.. you didn't even try?'' You could feel a tear form but held it back.

''Forget about it, please. I can't do anything about it now.'' He growled. ''Now get up, let's go.''