் ༘ ༉ In The Blink Of An Eye ் ༘ ༉

"I choose..."

...

"Adrien."

Luka's face saddens but he nods in acceptance as Adrien smiles proudly, he knew I'd pick him. I mean how couldn't I? I'm in love with every trait about him. Sure, there's always gonna be a spot in my heart for Luka and his charms but Adrien is my soulmate. I fell in love with every aspect of him even if I didn't see it before I found out that he's Chat.

"I should get going then." Luka drops the flowers on the floor and hurries out of my room. In a way I feel bad for not picking him, but it's for the better and it's what I want.

I shake those thoughts away and cock my head toward Adrien, cracking a small grin.

"In the end, the only person I want is you. I don't know if I believe in soulmates, but we're whatever is closest to them. You're the love of my life, Adrien." I hold his hands, kissing his cheek. A light but visible blush spreads across his cheeks along with a joyful smirk.

"You're all I've ever wanted and more, M'Lady." Adrien sits next to me so I place my head on his shoulder, how did I get so lucky?

It's so hard to find men who are actually decent in 2022 but somehow I managed to get the best one out of 7 billion people, I don't know what I did to deserve this but I'm not complaining one bit. It takes people ages to find the right one for them, some people never find their special someone, but I already have. Adrien is mine.
The person who I expect myself to walk down the aisle with is already right beside me, in love with my every feature and dumb trait. He loves me for me, Marinette, the clumsy girl he met only cause of gum on my seat.

"I love you so much." He whispers, placing his head on mine, clasping my hand in his.

"I love you more." I respond back softly, fluttering my eyes shut and taking in the space around me.

Peace. The whole world that has been chaotic for what seems like my whole life has finally met peace. The air is lighter, the aroma is calmer, I've found my peace and it's with him.
I feel myself fading out of my conscience, falling asleep to the sweet sound of his humming.

✶ ✶ ✶

"MARINETTE!"

My eyes pop open to the sound of my name coming from somewhere in the room. This isn't my room.. I glance around, noticing Adrien tied up to a chair as well as me. My hands are in some sort of rope, the type that burns your skin like a rug burn. I peek down at my ankles which are also tightly tied, keeping me sternly in place.

"Adrien!" I cry out, scanning each inch of the room. There's a window, the glass is shaped like a big purple butterfly, almost like an akuma. There's hundreds of cramped and innocent looking butterflies trying to make an exit out to the open skies of Paris.

"You guys are finally awake." A deep yet mischievous voice fades in from afar, approaching us.
The voice gets louder only to show Hawkmoth standing right in front of us. I gasp, looking at Adrien's finger to see his rings not there. I try shuffling my arm out of the rope to feel my ears, but the tightening gets more vicious.

"Your little buddy Luka told me everything." A vile smirk spreads across his face as he pulls out a knife from his pocket.

"I have your miraculouses , but you both know too too much to live with this information." Hawkmoth slowly paces back and forth, dramatically tapping his foot each step of the way causing a clanking sound to fill the emptiness of the dark room.

"You won't get away with this." Adrien growls as Hawkmoth slices his cheek with the knife making me scream of terror.

"Please don't hurt him!!" I plead, with tears falling down my cheeks. I may be a hero but right now I can't be strong, this is worse than it's ever been.

"Agh-" Adrien groans, wiping the blood off of his cheek and onto his black shirt.

Hawkmoth turns toward me and walks behind my chair, swooping my hair up and throwing it back down.
He pushes my hair out of the way and slices my neck, I shriek at the intense pain swaying my head downward being unable to hold it up.

"Don't fucking touch her you asshole!!" Adrien grumbled at the sight of his actions .

Hawkmoth growled and rushed over to him, grabbing him by his collar.

"Listen here, I don't know who you think you are but you surely aren't someone who has the right to talk to me like that you understand? I was gonna do this to your little girlfriend or later instead but you leave me no choice-" He jabs the knife into Adrien's stomach causing him to scream.

"ADRIEN NO!!" I yell, trying to force myself out of the chair so I could assist him.
It cant end like this, please. Please don't let it end like this.

Suddenly, the metal doors of the lair slide open to reveal Luka and a group of policemen standing with him.

"Hands up!" One of the officers yelled, others in stance prepared to tackle Hawkmoth.

Luka rushes over and untied me then I run to Adrien, balling my eyes out. Medics immediately take him out of the tied up chair and rushed him to the ambulance. and just like that, he's gone. in the blink of an eye.