- ͙۪۪̥˚┊❛ This, Again? ❜┊˚ ͙۪۪̥◌

"Honey, do you need anything?" Adrien's nurse places her hand on my shoulder, I turn to her with a dull countenance.

"Yeah..." I look at Adrien, practically soulless in his hospital bed.

"Can I get the most accurate pregnancy test you have?"

I've been terrified to take one but I mean I've seen so many signs over the past few weeks, it's about time I get the truth. Now's a good time to get my answer, It'll give me some sort of comfort knowing the truth.

"Oh of course, sweetheart! I'll go grab one for you." The nurse walked over to Adrien's monitors, checking for any concerns. He's in surprisingly good shape, he'll be in pain but there's no life threatening consequences thank god.
The nurse nods her head and steps out of the room to get me a pregnancy test from one of the hospital's spare rooms.
I impatiently bite my lip, continuously looking over at Adrien. The doctors said he'd wake up soon but it feels like he's been asleep forever. All I wanna do is cuddle with him and for him to tell me everything's gonna be okay.
Stupid ass Hawkmoth has officially ruined everything for me, I'm so glad he's finally in jail.

"Here you go, hun." The nurse hands me the test with a nurturing tone.
She turned to exit the room but I immediately stood up.

"Wait! Can you stay here with me? I could really use some support right now and you seem really sweet." I awkwardly turn my head down and scan the floor awkwardly.

"Oh, of course! I get how difficult it must be for you right now." She sat down in the chair closest to mine, crossing her legs and adjusting her surgical mask.

"Thank you so much, Oh and I forgot to ask for your name." I fiddle around with the pregnancy test, as she flicked a piece of dried nail polish off of her cuticle.

"Oh, I'm sorry! My name is Carly." She replied, surprised by the fact she hadn't mention it sooner.

I nod at her and walk into the bathroom to take the test. I do my business and place the test on the bathroom's counter, allowing it to sit and calculate the results for exactly 15 minutes.
I step out of the bathroom and back to the chairs with Carly.

"Are you nervous?" Carly questioned, looking into my eyes with curiosity.

"Kinda, the last time I took one it was positive but a false alarm. Me and Adrien are young but I'm willing to be a mom, I've always had a motherly sort of comfort to me you know?" I tuck my hair behind my ear.

"I get that, I'm a young mother myself and I have no regrets. I'm 26 with a 5 year old son, he's the light of my life." She goes on in awe with absolute admiration for her son.

"Can I hear your pregnancy journey?" My eyes light up in pure interest on her story.

She giggles at my enthusiasm, "Of course" she replies.

"When I was 20 I discovered that I was pregnant and I told my boyfriend at the time, he was ecstatic at the news. Six months flew by and he got arrested for accused drug dealing, he was sentenced with 7 years in prison the day after my 21st birthday. I told him when he was out we could discuss our relationship and meet his son but I haven't seen or visited him since. I didn't think I'd be able to do it but look at me now."

Wow. I can't even imagine having that much strength, what an inspiration.

"Are you gonna visit him when he does get out?" My nosey ass digs into her personal business like a damn dog.

"I think so. I never got his side of the story and we dated since we were 14 so I cant let go that easily." Carly looks down at her watch and looks back up at me.

"It's been 15 minutes." She holds my hand as I nervously gulp.

"No matter what's on that test, I can tell ya that your boyfriend will be with you no matter what. All he talked about earlier was you and how you're the best girlfriend anyone could ask for." A warm and comforting sensation fills my body as I hug onto her.

"Can you.." I hesitate, "look at it first?"

Carly agrees to looking before me. She stands up, walking toward the bathroom where the test is. I fidget with my fingers as she reenters the room, looking down at the result.

"Before I tell you, what do YOU want the answer to be?"

That's a good question. What DO I want the answer to be? If it were positive, everything would change. I'd become an adult faster than expected which isn't a huge problem. If it were negative, I'd be disappointed again.

"I think I'd want it to be positive." I answer with a small grin as her face lightens up happily.

"It's your lucky day." Carly turns the test over in my direction revealing two lines.

I put my hand over my mouth in shock as she hugs me tightly, cheering.

"I'm so happy for you!" She squeezes me as I cling onto her, teary eye'd.

"Marinette?" Adrien murmurs, pushing himself to sit up and look over at me and Carly's scream-fest.

Carly pulls away from the hug, patting me on the shoulder and winking as she turns to Adrien.

"Hey Adrien, how are you feeling?" Carly grabs her stethoscope and checks up on him as I place the pregnancy test in my back pocket.

"I'm feeling really good actually." Adrien slightly shuffles around, checking for any pain.

"Good! I'll check up on you two later." She smiles, giving me a thumbs-up before leaving the room.

"I used my lucky charm which is probably the reason it doesn't hurt." I hold his hand, helping him get up and out of his bed to stand up. He wobbles a bit but eventually walks around with no issue.

"How's your neck?" Adrien turns me around and investigates the bandage on the back of my neck before noticing the pregnancy test in my pocket.

"What's this?" He grabs the test out of my pocket and looks at it before I can even react, widening his eyes at the two lines.

"No way." He whispers with a quick laugh while looking at me. I smile nodding, tearing up again.

"NO WAY!" He joyfully laughs, picking me and spinning me around.

I giggle as he lowers me down to plant a kiss on my lips.

"We're having a baby!" Adrien squeezes me tightly as I cry and laugh at the same time.

"SLAYY!" Carly's voice echo's from the hallway, cheering us on.