0.2: KANG YEOSANG

The second friend I made in college was a complete, full 180 degree opposite from my best mate Choi San.

While San was a complete menace to society, Yeosang was a beam of hope for the future.

He was that one (and only) motherfucker with his shit together and genuinely joined this field because he was actually interested in Engineering- unlike San and I.

He was very square. Not as in to say he was no fun... but that's exactly what I'm saying, if you get me. He lived his life in routine and rarely did anything stupid or reckless (unless you call trying to strangle San any of the above, but I really don't, it's an understandable and reasonable act), which was why whenever San and I got into trouble, he'd be the one bailing us out.

How we met? Well, he was my lab partner one fine day when San overslept and we did not hit it off.

He was introverted as fuck and so was I. Basically, it was a whole struggling mess of us attempting to communicate only when we absolutely had to, and he was practically hard-carrying the entire lab session because my dumbass couldn't do shit. Feels bad. Felt bad. But he was surprisingly okay with it.

In fact, the next time San overslept for class, Yeosang was actually the one who sat down beside me. Isn't it so strange? I thought he'd be running as far as possible away to avoid this useless lab partner.

One time became twice, then thrice, then- I don't even know how- we started to kind of warm up a little more to each other's... awkwardness? And kinda started talking a bit more? And becoming friends?

No, for real, I don't know how this happened. It just uh, did? Trust me, San was equally as surprised too when Yeosang started tagging along beside me.

In fact, the usually graceful San was so shook he tripped over himself and spat out the water he was downing aggressively just seconds ago.

"Are you blackmailing him?" the Choi boy demanded when he regained a fraction of his dignification. "No wait, are you sleeping with him?"

It seemed bestie San- as he says and quote- 'simply cannot not fanthom why someone like Yeosang would want anything to do with me'. This phrasing was a little strange, and I'm not too sure whether I should be taking this as an insult, but I can't exactly blame him for being so outrageously disbelieving. Yeosang was nothing like the absolute dumbasses San and I were.

"Is this..." Yeosang eyed the boy critically. "Your friend, Jihye?"

San looked rather offended not be recognised and then ludicrously gasped. "You don't know who I am?"

If 'What-The-Fuck-Is-Wrong-With-This-Bitch' was an emotion, Yeosang was probably feeling that on every degree, because Lord, the look on his face. The Kang boy turned to me almost concerningly, "This guy has issues. Like bat-shit serious ones."

San took a double-take, looking from me to him and back to me again, aghast. "Excuse you," he said in disbelief. "What is your fucking problem? Did I sleep with your sister, best friend or- No, did I sleep with you?"

"I assure you'd remember if we've ever fucked," Yeosang snarked, carelessly. "I hear I'm good in bed."

"From who?" San's competitive strike flared. "Your mom?"

"No, yours."

And that, my friends, was the beginning of the most beautiful relationship I've personally witnessed for myself.

They were out at each other's throats every single fucking second and would never hesitate to bitch about each other, especially in front of each other's faces. Apparently instead of 'good morning' and 'good night' texts, these motherfuckers sent each other death threats and disses to start and end each and everyday.

How I know? Yeosang happened to forget to send an insult in the morning and San panicked, claiming the Kang boy might have really died and he may have accidentally said something into existence, making him a prime suspect for possible murder.

Very interesting friends, I know. Very enemies to lovers trope material, I know.