0.3 PARK SEONGHWA

Very main charactеr people always have the funniest of side character friends, and if I were to describe myself and Seonghwa as characters of a cringy wattpad story, we'd be exactly those struggling side characters.

Seonghwa genuinely liked Engineering, unlike myself, and he was trying his very best, but in my honest opinion, there was just way too much more than simply liking what you do and trying your best to do well in this field. You needed to actually have the brains to put things together, not just the memory to construct.

Not saying that Seonghwa lacked sorely in wit, don't get me wrong. He was nothing short of exceptionally brilliant to have made it this far with such decent grades, but he just wasn't of the same calibre as people like Yeosang.

Some people were just made for certain career paths, you could say.

Park Seonghwa was the latest addition to our little friendship... square? And probably the only one no one in the cohort had much bad opinions on.

It was hard to hate Seonghwa. He was just out here struggling and that was all.

How did Seonghwa get spun into this mess? You may be wondering. How did someone so normal get tangled with these weirdo?

Well, you can call it bad luck on his end, perhaps. I just happened to be sitted beside him on a day he was sleepy and boy slept half the class away. When he woke up, he panicked and turned to me for help.

Bold of him to assume I didn't sleep the same half of the class away too. I just woke a minute or two before him and was panicking just as much.

Thankfully, Yeosang who sat beside me was awake and bothered writing notes. He wasn't too pleased that I was sharing them with Seonghwa initially, claiming it was an exclusive scoop for me and me only, but after awhile, he gave up gatekeeping.

"Oh yes, might as well pin it up on the campus notice board too," the Kang boy grumbled. "Might as well make the country communist too, since you like sharing so much."

But that was not the point. The point is, that was how we met Seonghwa.

The poor boy was terrified of Yeosang for a solid three months, never daring to look at him in the eye while talking and never daring to speak more than what was required of him, which was comedic to San and I, to say the very least, considering how mild Yeosang really is.

"You know what, Kang?" San announced for the nth time after something mildly inconvenient and completely unrelated to Yeosang happened to him, "I am so sick of your shit."

The Kang boy, who was by now very used to San's dramatics, rolled his eyes. "Oh boo-hoo, whatever shall I do?" he said in the single-most dry and unamused tone I've only ever heard him use when it came to talking to very stupid people or San. Wait, San was part of the said very stupid people so that's repetition, let me take that back.

"Cry to my mother, perhaps," San sniped. "You know, the one who said you were good in bed?"

Seonghwa looked so bewildered, stunned and absolutely bamboozled to say the very least. He looked so confused and shook to be hearing something so scandalous he had to look over to me for confirmation that he was not hearing things, imagining things or simply losing sanity after burying himself under all the homework our lecturers threw at us.

"What did I just hear?" he whispered to me, rather bemused. "Did he- Wait, is this an inside joke or did this really happen?"

I huffed out a laugh, "No idea."

"No idea to which, bestie? You can't always be having no idea, it's concerning, I'm concerned."