SEONGHWA'S LITTLE BROTHER

To absolutely no one's knowledge (or at least none of my friends' knowledge), Seonghwa had a little brother just two years younger than us. And he was very handsome, undoubtedly going to be either the next San or the next Yeosang of whatever course he enrolled in.

"Did y'all know that before like, three seconds ago?" I asked San and Yeosang in bewilderment when Seonghwa casually dropped that bomb on us one fine day. "Am I the only one who didn't?"

San didn't even bother hiding the shook from his face, "I didn't know, but I thought you knew! Aren't the two of you best buds?"

"I can't believe I'm saying this but San just worded every single of my thoughts," Yeosang grumbled. "Anyone else has siblings to declare?"

"I have one older sibling that doesn't live with the family," I raised my hands in mock surrender, then nudged the Choi boy on my left. "And San has an older sister."

Yeosang looked almost sympathetic, "Poor her."

Turns out not only did we not know that Seonghwa had a brother, Seonghwa's brother did not know Seonghwa had friends too.

"Why did you never tell me?" the younger Park boy said, scandalised, bowing and shaking Yeosang and San's hand. "Why did you never tell me you had such a beautiful friend?" He extended the hand he used to shake San's hand just a second ago in my direction, "Gosh, I can't believe you, hyung."

Seonghwa took a double-take at his own brother's words. "What?" he rubbed his ears, "What did I just hear?"

The younger boy smiled shyly at me when I grasped his hand and returned the compliment, "Why, you look dashing yourself. What's your name?"

"Sunghoon," he said, pearly whites peeking from his tinted lips. "Park Sunghoon. And you?"

"Byun Jihye," I returned the smile with one of my own, jutting a thumb out to the Kang boy who was eyeing Sunghoon with an extremely judging gaze. "He's Yeosang." I pointed to my blissfully grinning best mate, "And he's San." I leaned forward dramatically, "You should be careful of San. He's a playboy."

The Choi boy whacked the back of my head mercilessly, nearly smacking me into Sunghoon- who looked critically alarmed by the violence exhibited. "Fuckboy," he corrected. "I fuck them and leave them. I don't play with anyone's feelings. Know the difference."

"Okay, fuckboy."

Sunghoon looked between us in slight interest. "Are you two..." he trailed off at the bamboozled reaction from San and I.

"Nope," I declared instantly. "No, no, no and also no. Oh and have I said no? He's has the sex appeal of dusty boot to me."

Yeosang cackled, reacting positively for the first time in the conversation.

"Sex appeal of a dusty boot?" San echoed, flustered and angry. "This dusty boot has fucked more people than you've met, virgin."

"Oh boohoo, so terrible it must be not to have to go for STD check-ups every week," I pretended to wipe a tear from my eye, turning back to Seonghwa's younger brother. "Stay safe, Sunghoon. Use the rubber if you ever get involved with him."

Sunghoon looked fairly amused. "Don't worry," he purred, "I'm frustratingly straight, so if it were to be anyone here, the one I'll pursue would be you." He cocked his head, "You're still a virgin? Are you looking to change that?"

If I didn't hear this all the time from the other playboys in my life, I would more than like have gone all flustered and red-faced, but too bad his line was overused and no longer original.

The three boys standing around me burst into an uproar of noise and actions. Seonghwa was most definitely yelling, shaking his brother by his collar even. Yeosang was making an extremely indignant sound, half-heartedly restraining Seonghwa. The only gleeful one in this combination was San who was howling and cackling like his life depended on it.

"I can't believe this," San said between wheezes. "Oh, on God. I love this guy."

"You better stay far, far away from her," Seonghwa warned his brother, practically strangling poor Sunghoon now. "I'm in no position ready to see Jihye at family dinners just yet."

The younger boy broke into an impish grin, shooting me a shameless wink. "You best ready yourself, hyung," he patted one of his brother's cheeks. "I'll make my move soon."

Boyish grins and flirtatious charms, Sunghoon proved himself to be a pretty amiable person within an almost impossibly short period of time, in spite of Seonghwa's insistence that his little brother was far from socially-inclined.

"Not to sound like I don't trust you, Hwa," San said, very much distrustful. "But exactly how well do you know your brother?"

"Very well, thank you," Seonghwa said, grouchy. "He was a total loser last I saw him."

"That last time mustn't have been recent then," Yeosang mused. "His fanbase is almost huge enough to overtake Song Mingi's."

Right, yes. So Sunghoon double majors in Mechanical Engineering and Sports Science, which was a combination I didn't even know was possible, but whatever flies, I guess. Mans must truly be having some iron-clad self-discipline or balls of steel to have picked such a fatal and almost completely contrasting duo.

"I am aware, Kang," Seonghwa replied shortly, an inkling of aghast and surprise lacing the undertones of his clipped response. "I have eyes to see and ears to hear."

Turns out Seonghwa's little brother was a greater enigma than any of us had given him proper credit for, and every new fun fact revealed about him only drew in more and more admirers.

"I think I know why Hwa never told us about his little brother," San told me in hushed tones one day, pulling me from the sea of depressed engineering majors trailing from the row of labs. "It's fucking insane. Sunghoon's a National Athlete."

"Explains the Sports Science second major," I hummed. "What sport does he do?"

"Figure Skating," San's excitement peaked. "His net worth is crazy high." Slinging an arm about my shoulders, he leaned in. "You should consider shooting a shot, seriously. This kid is filthy rich. And I think he might like you. Someone's been spreading some about Park Sunghoon liking an older girl in school."

"He's Hwa's little brother."

San didn't seem to see any problems. "Yeah! Isn't that great, one of his family members already gets along with you."

"It doesn't work that way," I protested. "Doesn't it break one of the bro codes? The no-dating-your-bros'-siblings one?"

"Oh who cares," San threw his free hand up in the air. "That shit's just a guideline. Go get dick, get rich, homie."

"I'm speechless."

"Good, shut up."

However stupid and mouthy San the idiot was, he still had enough tact in him to keep Sunghoon out of any conversation with an especially sensitive Seonghwa.

"I mean," San had snorted when I gave him the thumbs up for pretending he didn't know shit about Sunghoon for the nth time. "I'm dumb as fuck so I've got to have other redeemable qualities to be likable. Why are you praising me for bare minimum? Women."

Ugh, men. I stuck my middle fingers out at him childishly and he returned the action.

"But seriously, you don't wanna try hitting on Sunghoon? Man's totally your type, minus the age part," he paused for a second, "But I mean, age is just a number. And it isn't even as if he's that much younger than us. Just two years, man."

"Another word and I'm gonna shoot you, Choi."

"Oh get in line, Yeosang's been queueing since forever to."

a/n: vote & comment!!

this chap will probably have a part 2,, let's see