DEBUNKING LIES

There are many hot men in Engineering. True or false?

As a woman who has seen at least ¾ of every Engineering schools' cohort, I thereby debunk this revolting and salacious lie.

There are a lot of men in Engineering, that much is true. But hot men? Not so much. A lot of misogynistic, egotistical, close-minded and arrogant snobs though, if you were interested to know.

If you were looking for a sturdy boyfriend who'd support you with everything he has, do not look in the Engineering sector. With absolute no offence (but full offence too) there is no such thing as a 'decent gentleman' here. Everyone here was out for something, and- I won't even lie- so am I.

I was here for the income the degree promised. And although I wouldn't say it was the best of incomes rates, it wasn't that bad. It was enough to live pretty decently.

Now, back to the myth about hot men being in Engineering.

Well, while I did say there weren't many good looking men, I do suppose if you dump a whole bunch of men into a sector, you were bound to find at least one good looking fella per degree.

Song Mingi from Mechanical Engineering, for one, was pretty nice on the eyes.

Although we'd only shared one common class- that being Mechanics, which I did rather decently- he'd left an impression strong enough for me to put a face to his name when it was brought up.

And it was. Really often too. The boy was on a streak, rejecting confessions left, right and center. Every other day I hear of a new suitor turned down by the infamous heartbreaker Song Mingi, who was apparently as dark and mysterious as the moon.

"Must be nice being him," I said rather enviously on a very fine Valentines Day, watching the pile of overflowing chocolate boxes and handmade snacks pool from the Mechanical Engineer's gym locker. "It's literally a whole year's supply of goodies right there."

Yeosang eyed me for a silent second, then punched the keypad of his own locker, releasing an equally huge pile of sweets. "Take your pick," the Kang boy said, kicking his door open a little more widely. "Or take them all if you want, I can't care less."

Right. Right.

Must have slipped my mind. While Mechanical Engineering had Song Mingi, Electrical and Electronics Engineering (or better known as just the Triple E) had Kang Yeosang.

Bestie San was a sight to look at for sure, but bad boy was not in style anymore apparently- much to San's disappointment too.

Why not Seonghwa too, you may be wondering? Well, he stuck with Yeosang and I too much, apparently, and it seemed no one ever looked beyond the Kang boy the moment their eyes landed on us. Poor Seonghwa was robbed indeed.

But Mechanical and the Triple E weren't the only ones blessed with pretty faces to look at. God was pretty fair with his distributions- for most of the part, at least. There was Jung Wooyoung from Biomedical, Choi Yeonjun from Chemical, Jung Subin from Civil, Mark Lee from Aerospace, Vernon Chwe from Software, Kim Mingyu from Material...

The list goes on and you get the idea. But personally, if you are thinking of joining simply because there are one or two nice faces you wanna see, I advise you think twice. Or just think, actually.

Given the cohort size and the ridiculous class slot bidding system, the chances of getting into the same class of some pretty boys were almost just as slim as winning the lottery. You probably won't even know who is what class until the first day of the actual class, so you can genuinely just forget it at this point.

What's more, everyone knows the three Es in Engineering pretty much stood for Egocentric, Evasive and Embarrassing. Not too far off a description of a stereotypical Engineering major, really, but so as to not piss the pressed and sensitive ones off, I'm just gonna put it out there that it is indeed true not all Engineering majors fit the sterotype.

So, in conclusion, if you're thinking about joining Engineering because iT loOks cOoL, think twice perhaps.

P.S., it is not cool. At all. Go join design or some, bestie.