JOKES ON YOU

Said very interesting someone was a decent person, really.

One of the most decent people in the Business field, if you ask me. But that could partially also be because my impression of the business students in my school wasn't particularly great to start with.

Well, for a good start, at least he wasn't trying to sell me insurance on our first meeting. He was perfectly and outrageously dashing both speech and manner-wise, it was just that... he was a little too hateful towards Yangyang.

Meet Kim Younghoon. The President of Liu Yangyang's hate club and also the said boy's one-sided arch-rival.

Why only one-sided? You may be wondering. Well, wonder no more! It is simply because, well, Yangyang seriously couldn't give a shit. That understandably infuriated Younghoon even more, unfortunately for Yangyang.

Now, it was none of my business who hated or liked who, but Yangyang had always been decently nice to me, so I do suppose that as a reasonable person, I should return the favour and tip him off when I start to hear repeated and concerning threats spat Yangyang's way, no?

So of course, when Younghoon who approached me thinking I could be a potential Yangyang hater for being slung mud at after being spoken to by Yangyang, I was both bemused and amused.

"You?" Yangyang said, biting his lower lip to stop himself from cackling. "A Liu Yangyang hater? Then what would he consider Injun? An anti-Yangyang activist?" We met up in a Michelin Star restaurant a little away from school, hoping that no one amongst the crowd would recognise us and say stupid things.

Okay maybe the hoping part was more on me. The Liu boy couldn't give half a shit. In fact I'm almost sure that if anyone ever came up with the rumour that we were going out, he'd be the first to blow it out of proportion and use me as a shield against his billions of desperate fans. Very inconsiderate but very Yangyang.

"Nah, he'd step down as President of your hate club and personally crown Junnie the next leader, I best bet," I snorted. "But seriously, you should be careful. Scorned people are the most terrifying."

A corner of Yangyang's lips turned up, producing a cocky smirk. "What if I tell you driving him to the wall is exactly what I want?"

"That sounds extremely gay," I said seriously. "Tell me more."

Unfortunately, he did not tell me more, but after that little meet up, Younghoon had much to say.

"I heard," the Kim boy begun, wrangling me from the crowd of tired Engineering students one fine day after class. "You shared a meal with Liu Yangyang."

This entire scenario gave me a very vehement sense of deja vu. It felt like high school all over again, except instead of being threatened by fangirls and boys, I was being interrogated by a hater.

If you wanted me to put the two events on a scale and weigh which was more frightful, I'd probably say this, though. But to be fair, neither events could ever be considered terrifying. True fear was being put on Renjun's blacklist, because that motherfucker was petty in human form.

"Well, yes-" I started, wondering who the fuck he even heard it from. Yangyang himself? Or some nosy passerby? Both sounded extremely possible.

"Did he threaten you?" he interrupted, sounding extremely concerned and worried, which would have been touching we were actually friends. But we weren't, you see. "Did he try to sweet talk or manipulate you?"

I blinked up at Younghoon owlishly, wondering how on earth I was gonna break the news that Yangyang wasn't actually as horrible as the boy thought. Not to me, at the very least. "Uh, Younghoon, um, well actually here's the thing," I scratched the back of my neck sheepishly. "Yangyang and I have been kind of friends? Since High School. We're mutuals sharing the same best friend... which actually sounds a lot like we have much rivalry, but it's really not true. He's very nice to me."

The Kim boy looked like he'd been struck by a bolt of lightning right there and then. "Very nice to you?" he spluttered, disbelieving. "Girl, he's physically incapable of being genuinely nice. You should watch out, seriously."

Disappointed and sighing, Younghoon left me wondering what the fuck I should make out of this conversation. So of course, the very first thing I did right after was spill the tea to my three engineering friends, in hopes to get some opinions from their very opinionated selves.

"Well I don't know," San said, stretching out lazily across Seonghwa's dorm couch. "But it sounds awfully like Younghoon has some serious pent-up sexual frustration towards your friend."

We were currently crashing at Seonghwa's dormitory since his dorm hall was the closest to our next class' building, and San being extremely San was making himself very comfortable here.

"Well I wouldn't know," Yeosang chipped in from Seonghwa's swivel chair, arms folded. "But it does sound like Younghoon might be making some valid points. I've never seen Liu Yangyang being nice to about anyone. He's fucking snob and even I know that."

It was not untrue. Yangyang was not exactly the friendliest of people. "Well, I mean," I protested weakly. "He's not completely bad..."

"It goes against every fibre of my body to say this, but Yeosang's right," San said rather grudgingly. "Liu Yangyang is a piece of shit. No idea how he still has friends."

Seonghwa looked between Yeosang, San and I, speaking up for the first time in this conversation."Hold up, everyone knew the bloke before our first meeting?" he said in bafflement. "Am I the only one who've never heard of him?"