Mateo's Birthday!

A/N

This chapter is a birthday special for Mateo, who has the same birthday as my favourite little bro.  Anyway, onto the chapter!

Y/N's POV

I yawn loudly.  "Gods, I'm so tired...", I sigh. "This is what you get for staying up all night to make Mateo something special for his birthday", I scold myself. I examine the homemade birthday card and gift sitting on my desk in front of me.  I can't help but to smile at the things I worked on all night. "I hope he likes them." I sigh to myself and wrap the small homemade gift.  I then carefully tape the homemade birthday card to the wrapped gift.

Joseph's POV

I arrive at the house with a few gifts I bought for Mateo, I wanted to get him a little something for his birthday.  I turn off the car, grab the gifts, and go inside.  I set the gifts on the dining room table and wrap them.  I then make my way to Y/N's room and knock on the door.

Y/N's POV

I hear someone knock on my door and decide to go see who it is.  I don't even bother to hide the gift.  I open the door to see none other than Joseph.  I groan and start to close the door but he stops me.  "I just want to talk...", he says. "Yeah... Sure you do...", sarcasm thick in my voice.  Usually this would piss him off and he would slap me, but he didn't which surprised me.  "Hold up... Are you being serious right now?" I raise my left eyebrow even though I know he can't see it.  He nods. "Alright, come on in..." I move aside letting him into my room.

Time Skip

Mateo's POV

I wake up to an amazing aroma.  I get out of bed and check the time.  "Oh crap!"  I gawk at my phone.  "It's already lunch time!"  My voice cracking slightly.  I hurriedly take a shower and get dressed.  I was about to leave my room when Y/N blocked my way.

Y/N's POV

"Good afternoon my little gentleman, here is your lunch."  I hand Mateo his lunch hearing him let out a soft chuckle.  "Today you will be having lunch in your room and you will be stuck in here until I let you out."  He gives me a confused look. "Got it?"  He nods.  "Good." I smile at him. "One question.", says Mateo.  "Yes?" I look at him curiously. "What do I do if I need to use the bathroom?", he asks.  "In that case you can make trips from here to the bathroom but nowhere else, got it?" He nods.  "Shout if you need anything, okay?"  He gives me a thumbs up and goes to sit on his bed to eat his lunch.  I leave shutting the door behind me.

Joseph's POV

I'm decorating the living room when Y/N walks in.  "I'm going to invite Mateo's best friend Cory to the house as a surprise", Y/N says.  "Alright, but should we make this into a costume party?",  I ask with a raised eyebrow.  "Sure, that would be fun", says Y/N.  "Great." I smile.  "I'll make the food after I call Cory", says Y/N with a small smile.

Time Skip

Y/N's POV

"Finally, I'm done making the food."  I sigh in relief.  "I feel like I forgot to do something..." I cross my arms and think intricately. "Oh!  I forgot to call Cory!"  I quickly pull out my phone and call him.

Mateo's POV

Y/N walks into my bedroom closing the door behind her. She then walks in my direction stopping beside me.  "Hey my little gentleman, what's up?", says Y/N.  "Nothin' much, you?"  Y/N smiles gently at me.  She seems more relaxed today, I'm glad.  "Okay, you can leave your room in twenty minutes. Under one condition...", she says mystically.  "Oh, and what is this condition?"  I raise my right eyebrow.  "You have to wear a costume, and just maybe I'll be wearing one too, aight?", says Y/N.  "Alright!", I say with a big goofy grin that makes her laugh lightly for a moment. 'Maybe Joseph is finally being nice to Y/N and then she can be happy again?'  I smile at the thought.