Chapter 3: Ghost Fight

A/N: Who's ready for the best ghost boy?

---

The rest of the Ruins proceed kind of like normal. The puzzles were the same, the rooms were the same. Battles still went the odd way they did before, where Frisk was given no choice of Acts, but instead had to guess how to Act themself. While they normally knew how to Act to certain enemies, this wasn't so useful, as a lot of Act were different now. I soon figured out that Froggits needed to be calmed down to Spare, and that Whimsums needed a bit of space to be Spared. Frisk, somehow, seemed to know this already. Sparing Whimsums proved to be a challenge for Frisk, who suddenly had the habit of stepping forward every time they Acted. But they did it, and didn't get hit the whole time.

When they reached the first rock puzzle, their phone rang. Toriel calling.

"Hello? This is Toriel."

"Oh, hello miss!" Frisk said cheerily as they shoved the rock into place.

"Did you end up continuing through the Ruins?"

"I did. Hope you don't mind."

"Oh, not at all! I'm glad to see you are so independent!" I hear a bit of sadness behind her voice. "Anyways, I have a question for you, my child. Do you prefer cinnamon or butterscotch?"

...

Uh... I prefer butterscotch...

Whaaaaat? No way, cinnamon is much better!

Heheh, no, butterscotch is!

Children, please, stop arguing! I can do both.

Aw, thanks mom! You're the best!

I freeze up at the sudden memory. Gosh, things seemed so much better then...

"I'll, uh... I'll do cinnamon!" Frisk said. That's weird. They normally choose butterscotch.

"I see. Thank you very much, my child!" Toriel hung up the phone and Frisk continued through the Ruins. Nothing was out of the ordinary, except that Frisk glared at the uncooperative rock so hard when it first refused that it moved into place instantly after. We also encountered a Moldsmal in that room, which Frisk was able to Spare instantly. The room after that was a Save Point, so we stopped for a small break there. They reached out to touch the point, but before I spoke, I hesitated. There wasn't a mouse in there, as there normally was. The room was just... empty. So I made something up.

*(...The feeling from glaring at that rock so hard still fills you with determination.)

*(HP fully restored.)

Chara
Lv 2
Ruins- Empty Room

>Save
Return

File Saved.

Frisk pulled their hand away and leaned against the wall.

"Ugh... my head hurts..." They muttered, letting their head rest in their hands. They sat there for a moment. Then they stood back up. "Okay, better." They turned to the next room and stopped again, this time gasping in excitement. For in this room, lying on a pile of leaves, was none other than a ghostly figure wearing headphones. Napstablook.

Frisk strode into the room and stopped right by Napstablook.

"zzzzzzzzzzz..." The ghost said. "zzzzzzzzz..."

"Hey, excuse me Mx Ghost, could you please move?"

"zzzzzzzzzzz are they gone yet zzzzzzzzzzz..."

"*He's saying 'Z' repetitively, pretending to be asleep," I said. "*Move him with force?"