004 - inside its mouth

A quick (A/N) before you begin:

When dialogue is italicized, that means the person is speaking English. This is not the case for your Stand— when its dialogue is italicized that means it is speaking Italian.

(Y/N)'s thoughts are always in English as well.

ᓚᘏᗢ

The door slid open, revealing the woman. In a panic, I wrapped a hand around the lighter, doing my best to not grimace at the awful burning sensation. I did leave a small gap, a hole formed from my thumb just so the fire could breathe.

I wasn't planning to put out the flame until I could find a secluded spot so no innocent bystander could accidentally see me relight the lighter. It also needed to have plenty of sunlight. I hoped such a place existed.

"Please walk forward with your hands up. I will perform another body check before you are free to leave." The woman spoke with a dry yet commanding tone. I followed her instructions, raising my clenched fists in the air. I approached her as calmly as I could, despite the fact my palm felt like it was about to melt.

Her hands moved along my feet, making their way up my right leg, then left. She felt along my hips, my torso and when she finally made her way up to my hand concealing the lighter, she gestured for me to open my fingers.

"Please open your fists." She said, her hazel eyes boring into my own. Her hands tightly gripped my wrist and forearm, as if threatening me to open them. I stared back, silently telling her I wasn't scared.

Remember that thing I recalled last time? Yeah. I remembered that I once worked as a magician's assistant, one of my many small jobs I had to take to scrap in enough money to survive; since my parents up and left without a word. He'd taught me the basics but eventually fired me after I 'accidentally' set fire to a box of his magic props after he'd dissed me.

Just as I was about to pull my magic, a slimy, wet, tentacle slithered its way into my fist, skillfully snatching the lighters out of my grasp. I had to force back tears and I hoped she wouldn't notice my despair.

"I do not believe a magic trick will deceive these guards in the least." A deep, guttural voice muttered quietly into my ear. Its voice was unsettling but strangely, familiar. Instead of speaking in Italian, it spoke English.

"Do not be afraid, I am not here to harm you. I am here to help you." It spoke again, it must've somehow sensed my fear because I could've sworn it wasn't reflecting onto my face. Even though its voice was unsettling, I could hear genuine honesty in it.

Where had I heard this voice before...?

Wait...

No.

It couldn't be.

.....

Other mind me?!? Was other mind me my Stand?

No. Fucking. Way.

I had a Stand this whole fucking time?!

"Yes. I am what you call a 'Stand'." My newly discovered Stand whispered.

Did you extinguish the flame? Because if you did, we're going to have to fight a now useless battle. I thought, hoping that it would be able to hear me, since I wouldn't dare speak out loud.

"The flame continues to thrive inside my mouth. So please do not worry. It will not go out, I will make sure of it."

...Great. But that's besides the point. WHERE THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN??