007 - abbacchio is going to have a breakdown breakdown

ᓚᘏᗢ

Nothing. There was nothing, absolutely nothing. This girl had no birth records, no court or criminal records, no dental records either. It was as if she didn't exist in this world- yet the photo Formaggio had messaged him earlier sat there on his screen clear as day, as if mocking him.

The lavender-haired man was annoyed, and maybe a tad bit frightened. Annoyed for being completely unable to extract any information from the internet on this certain girl his team was tasked to watch over; frightened that his leader would punish him for being fruitless in this specific task he was given.

Melone had come to the conclusion that she either had friends in high places or never had an official birth and just decided laid low for her entire life. But why now? Why would she join such a criminal organization such as Passione? Isn't that the complete opposite of what you would want to do to accomplish staying out of society's limelight?

Of course he was feeling frustrated. He was amazing at finding shit on people from the darkest corners of the web, but this girl had slipped through his fingers so easily. He slammed his computer lid shut, removing the girl's solemn face from his sight.

Who is she?

Melone was instantly startled out of his thoughts when his black Nokia phone started to sing, indicating it had a caller. He picked it up from his desk and held it out in front of him to read the contact name.

"Oh shit," he jumped out of his swivel chair and began pacing back and forth, tempted to just let it go to voicemail. But he couldn't do that to his leader. So, he slowly brought the phone to his half exposed ear and blindly answered the call.

"...Yes, Boss? Is there something you need?" Melone asked, bringing a gloved thumb to his lips.

"Status report." Risotto said flatly.

"I'm sorry-"

"Why are you sorry?"

"I need more time! I still haven't been able to find anything on her."

"You haven't been able to find anything on her?" He asked, sending shivers down Melones' spine.

"I- Well... it's like she's a ghost! Officially, she doesn't exist." Melone explained, hoping it would be enough to satisfy his boss. Risotto only let out a deep hum on the other line, accidentally startling the purple man. "Boss..?"

"Keep looking, ask Ghiaccio if you need help." Was all he said before the line cut off, leaving Melone to drown in a pit of despair.

A brown-haired man groaned in frustration as he leaned back on a café's chair, one placed at an outside table that just so happened to be right across from a clothing shop, right where a certain 16 year old girl was getting scolded by two of her teammates.

Illuso had been tasked to keep an eye on her for today, along with his partner, Formaggio. But the grey-haired man was nowhere to be seen. He had wandered off without a word, but Illuso knew Formaggio was doing his job so he didn't let it bother him. He just assumed Formaggio had used his shrinking Stand to help him spy on the unsuspecting girl without being noticed.

Illuso had considered using his own Stand to do his own spy work, but he decided against it, thinking it was better to wait outside in case the group of three left abruptly. And besides, they had finally walked into the shop they had just been standing in front of- one that could be easily looked into from the outside, thanks to the large glass window completely showing off the innards of said store.

Illuso jolted out of his reverie when his phone started to go crazy. Quickly, he pulled it from his pocket to glance down at the contact name. His eyes went wide when he registered the name and he accepted the call with little haste. He raised it to his ear and greeted his boss.