009 - surprise! i've got a fucking stand

ᓚᘏᗢ

"(Y/N)..."

I could hear a Bucciarati calling out to me and before I knew it, some jackass was harshly shaking me like I was a fucking snow globe. The weight of Narancia was long gone and I found myself able to breathe properly. What I didn't know was when he'd left, but I didn't really care. All I wanted to do was sleep.

I groaned and swatted away the hands gripping my shoulders. I flipped my body from my back to my stomach on the couch and curled up into the fetal position, wrapping the newfound blanket around me. Someone must have placed it over me when I was asleep.

"(Y/N)! Wake the fuck up!" It was a different, deeper voice this time. It was the rat, Abbacchio. When I didn't answer something smacked the back of my skull. This motherfucker almost put me to sleep again.

"Abbacchio! Don't hit her!" Bucciarati scolded him. Abbacchio mumbled something incoherent and thankfully I wasn't hit again. I could hear his footsteps, leaving in the direction of the dining room.

Just as I was about to get comfortable, some prick started to tickle me. I shrieked and fell off the couch onto my ass, hard. As revenge, I blindly kicked whoever was tickling me as hard as I could.

"Urkk- '' Narancia choked out. I opened my eyes to see Narancia doubled over, clutching his ribs. He looked like he was going to throw up at any second.

Bucciarati was standing behind the couch, two fingers pinching the bridge of his nose. Both Fugo and Abbacchio were nowhere to be seen and I suspected they were both in the dining room, because a yummy scent wafted up my nose.

"Urm. Sorry 'bout that?" I leaned over to Narancia and placed a comforting hand on his back.

"I'm going to check on the others," Bucciarati said, "and I don't want anymore attacking each other when I'm gone." I nodded at him and he left for the dining room just as Abbacchio had.

"Yo- You mother- fu-" Narancia gasped, "I think you broke my ribs."

"Um."

Was I really thinking about bringing out Maneater to heal Narancia?

Yes. Yes, I was.

"I can check if I really did crack a few ribs... I think."

"H- How are you gonna do that?" He slowly sat up, a huge frown on his face. The brim of his eyes were watering, but the tears didn't overflow.

"Haha. Lemme show you something, er, interesting. Maneater!" I summoned Maneater, its tall body creepily peeking out from behind me. Narancia's jaw went slack, his mouth hanging open.

"HOLY SHI-"

I rudely snatched his jaw and shut it to silence him before he exposed me to the others.

"SHUT your stupid ass up before I beat it." I growled, before turning the corners on my lips downwards slightly. "...Maneater's not even that scary."

"Uh yes it fucking is?!" Narancias managed to get out of my grasp but his voice was significantly quieter than his earlier outburst. "It looks like something that would hide under my bed!"

"You've damaged my feelings, Narancia. May I have permission oblitarate him, (Y/N)?"

"What?? No! That's not why I brought you out here!" I hissed at Maneater.

"Hey! It just said my name! Right? I heard it say my name! Though I didn't understand the other bits, I swear it said my name! Yours too! OW!" He doubled over and clutched his ribs again.