Chapter Three

"You'll get used to it," was all he said as he started the car.

The rest of the ride was followed by silence, mainly due to [Name] trying to keep herself from puking due to the added weight of the car moving before she was even able to fully recover.

They entered the shop that had no customers but them, Five ringing the bell impatiently while she bounced her knees in anxiety of what was about to go down. She really didn't want to be a part of this, remembering that it was quite frankly brutal even if he looked cool.

Another customer entered, as the waitress left the kitchen. "Sorry, sink was clogged. What'll it be?"

"Uhh, give me chocolate eclair."

"Mhmm, sure, can I get the kids a glass of milk or something?"

This clearly irked Five as he scoffs, "The kid wants coffee. Black."

"Uhm, hot chocolate for me, please," [Name] replied with a smile. "I don't like bitter stuff," she quipped pointedly at Five who simply ignored her. "And do you have french fries? Is that a thing here?" She asked, directing the last question to Five but Agnes simply writing it down.

"Cute kids," she said with a smile and entered the kitchen again.

"Don't remember this place being such a shithole." Five suddenly said, surprising [Name] for his rudeness. "I used to come here as a kid. Used to sneak out with my brothers and sisters and eat doughnuts till we puked. Simpler times, huh?"

The truck driver seemed to think this through, but merely shrugged and answered, "Eh. I suppose."

The waitress then came back with their drinks, "Here. The fries will be after a minute or so."

"I got theirs," the man said.

"Thanks," both replied, [Name] sounding much cheerier than Five's. Five then proceeds to ask the driver for directions, the girl frowning as she tries to remember what it was about.

"So are you gonna tell me who caused the apocalypse or am I gonna leave you here alone?" Five brought back the topic, causing [Name] to stop sipping at her cocoa.

She seems to debate with herself as she furrowed her brows in worry, Five keeping a steady gaze at her for added pressure.

"Okay fine," she said in resignation, her hands in the air. "But!" She added with a lifted finger before he talks. "Before I say anything, I wish to have confirmation that you will do whatever you did back there to bring me home. I still have a family waiting for me, you know?"

Agnes came back with the fries, [Name] replying a "thank you!" And started munching happily while Five narrowed his eyes at her in irritation.

Once the man finished his chocolate, he stood up and started walking towards the door, [Name] tensing as she debated where to go.

They hear the engine start as the bell rang again, indicating newcomers. Five gazed at the bell in front of him, noticing plenty of people with firearms, and side-eyeing [Name] who was fidgeting at her seat while holding the plate of fries.

"That was fast, I thought I'd have more time."

[Name] bit her lip as both exchanged "pleasantries", still deciding on if she could vault to the counter fast enough without being hit by a single bullet.

".. You think I wanna shoot kids?" Was what brought her back to the conversation, getting more anxious as she realized they wouldn't just leave a seemingly innocent passerby alone. "Go home with that on my conscience?"

"Well, I wouldn't worry about that." Five quipped, holding a butter knife on his left as he reached for her wrist on his right. "You won't be going home."