Chapter Seven

The trio returned later that afternoon, only to tell the news that apparently Leonard was nowhere to be found. He wasn't at his new home nor at his grandma's place.

"We've checked every property owned by Leonard Peabody and even Harold Jenkins, but no one's there. We did find this book though," Diego explained, putting the red book on the table in front of them.

It wasn't quite as easy for Vanya to control her powers than she would have hoped, the rest saying it might be because she still has some lingering effects on the pills with her. But even so, she had never felt so excited to finally be included for once, the past thirty years of her life almost always needing to be excluded on most activities, even when she was finally outside the academy.

She couldn't help but smile fondly at the nostalgia of seeing her siblings bantering, even with [Name] who may be new to them, felt like she's already a part of the family. As if she's a puzzle piece they've been missing all along.

"Hey old man," teased [Name] when Five stood up beside the couch she was sitting on, Klaus beside her trying to braid her hair.

"I'm not old," huffed Five in retort.

"Well then," she trailed off and then pretended to think. "Kiddo?" With a huge mischievous grin etching her face as she looked up at him.

"You're in a good mood today," he decided to comment, ignoring her teasing remarks.

"Yeah, there's some progress with Vanya's powers, even if it's still a little. While I'm the one trying to help Klaus control his power, I told him his power's pretty cool." She excitedly babbled.

"Oh! But the rest of your powers are cool too, I totally feel like Luther can probably do more things than just being the big strong guy, and like what if Diego can't just control knives but also guns and bullets? You know? Like do that slow motion thing Neo did."

"And then!" She was basically bouncing on her seat at this point, "Klaus can summon Ben and maybe finally get him to have a corporeal body. But not with possession, of course. And with you!! Ohhh your power is pretty cool." She said with a secretive smile, stopping still when Klaus scolded her.

"Why? What can my ability do?" Five asked, uncrossing his arms as he shifted his body to face her completely.

"I don't know if it's the right time yet for me to tell you any of this. But your father did give you some good advice," she answered.

"Yeah sure," he sarcastically replied.

They were surprised when Luther and Diego started to brawl, throwing punches at each other as Allison tried to stop them.

"Kids, I'm surrounded by kids." Five said, shaking his head in disappointment.

"They're even worse than my brothers, and those two are literal kids," [Name] remarked, suddenly lighting up as she remembered. "Hey, by the way, you promised you'd help bring me back home!"

"What? You're gonna go home?" Klaus remarked sadly, stopping his ministrations on her hair.

[Name] slowly turned to him with a sad smile, "I mean yeah, I still have a family, a mom and two brothers, alongside responsibilities."

"Do you really need to go home?"

"Well, not right now, at the very least. We still have some time together," she tried to reassure.

"Yeah," Klaus answered, but this time with a more subdued nature.

**
Night fall came as the family were all scattered around the mansion, [Name] wearing earphones and playing low music inside her room. She found an electric socket behind the bedside lamp, so she assumed the technological advancements in this universe might be around late 90s to early 2000s given that they do have those square computers in their libraries when she asked earlier.