Chapter Five

It was already dark by the time they reached the Academy, walking to the dining room to see almost all of them there. The girl immediately noticing that both Vanya and Five were nowhere to be found.

"So are you gonna tell me anything?" Diego started as the two entered, shooting a glare at the girl. She only looked back at him in confusion, not knowing what he was talking about.

"Apparently, there was a girl and a boy in uniform yesterday at Griddy's Donuts where a shooting happened. Tell me what happened," he said with gritted teeth.

"Oh, that, ehm," she said and scratched her nape. "We should probably wait for Five to tell you all what happened."

"So you were in the shooting?" Allison asked in surprise, stopping from taking a bite on the steak their mom made for them.

"Yes.." she drawled, "But I didn't wanna be there! Remember when Five just grabbed me without even asking if I wanna go with him? He brought me there!" She defended. "But then, how did you know, Diego?"

"The only witness, the waitress, talked about there being a truck driver with two kids with him. Even said that you were the one with her while the shooting happened, left first once the gunfire stopped and when she checked the main diner, you were already gone."

Grace put a plate with steak in front of both [Name] and Klaus, receiving a synchronized "thanks!" From both of them as they happily gobbled up their food.

They heard the door open and perked up, realizing it was Five and everybody leaving their plates to check up on him.

What did surprise the rest was to see how bloodied he looked, holding a huge bag behind his back.

"Oh my God, Five! What happened to you?" Allison asked in worry.

"Come, come, Mom could fix you up," said [Name], pulling him by the sleeve of his coat knowing that he dislikes physical contact.

He only clicked his tongue but didn't say anything as he let her lead him to Mom, who was in the kitchen, only then realizing she called Grace "mom". Mom immediately stopped what she was doing when she saw Five and led the two, followed by the rest of the siblings, towards the infirmary.

"Since when did you call mom 'mom'," he asked with a narrowed gaze at her, who had finally let go of his sleeve, as he tried to fix his coat.

"Since yesterday, she asked me to and I thought it was more polite rather than just calling her by her name," she simply answered.

"And you knew I had a wound because you saw it in this 'show'?"

"Obviously!" She said with a roll of her eye, causing him to shake his head at her and enter the room.

Five removed his coat and vest, then followed by his bloodied shirt, seeing the huge wound of what seems to be a bullet on his right shoulder.

"Why does this feel new even if I already saw it?" He heard her murmur but ignored it as Mom started cleaning him up.

"So now that you're here, mind telling us what that shooting at Griddy's was about?" Diego asked with crossed arms.

Five huffed as he shot the girl a pointed glare who simply looked away, acting innocent.

"I was followed by agents from the Commission," he simply explained, wincing as Mom dug the bullet out from his shoulder.

"What is this 'Commission'? I remembered it was mentioned yesterday," Luther asked.

"It was the organization I worked for. Tasked with the preservation of the time continuum through manipulation and removals."

"I don't understand.." Luther murmured.