Chapter Ten

Five easily teleported the both of them inside Reginald's old car. [Name] still felt a little nauseated but it's not as bad as it was the first time around, she supposes she's getting used to it.

"Where's the address?" He asked as soon as he noticed that she's fine again.

"Ah! Here," she abided, giving the calling card left to her by the older man named Michael.

"And you're sure we could trust this man?" He inquired skeptically, starting the engine.

"Again, I genuinely do not know, but I mean.. nothing bad would happen if we just check, right?" She asked a little helplessly, gazing at him for reassurance.

"Besides being possibly killed or kidnapped? Sure, nothing can go wrong," he answered sarcastically, causing her to grumble in indignation.

"Now you just jinxed it," she tutted with a pout, gazing back out the window.

When they arrived, they saw that the house was a little ways away from the city, surrounded by quaint Victorian houses.

"See? We're fine," she commented as they exited the car, seeing the man outside who was clearly pleasantly surprised upon catching sight of her.

"Come, come," he invited them over, an obvious spring to his step. "Ruth! Athena's daughter is here, I'm telling you!" He suddenly called out as they entered.

The duo looked around the house, noticing picture frames at the walls as they were ushered to sit on the couch.

"Do you two want anything?" He asked as another woman came through the doorway entering the living room, gasping in shock as she hurriedly walked in front of the girl and kneeled in front of her, grasping hold her hands.

The duo were surprised when the woman suddenly started sobbing, the girl panicking as she pulled the woman to sit beside her causing Five to stand up and sit on the other armchair as the woman, Ruth, hugged a confused [Name]. She looked up at Five helplessly, who merely shrugged, the girl silently cursing him as she patted the woman's back awkwardly.

"You're like a spitting image of your mother. Where is she? How did you find a way to get back here?" She asked as she gazed at the doorway, seemingly waiting for someone to appear.

"Ah, well, no, my mom isn't here. I just.. appeared out of nowhere, really." She hesitantly replied. "But that's why we're here, I wanted to know how sir Michael knows about my mom." As she nodded towards the man sitting on the right armchair.

"Just call me Michael, dear. And I suppose you do need an explanation, wait here, I'm grabbing a picture of your mom." He said as he stood up and left the room.

"I'm sorry about that, but do you two need anything? Hot chocolate, perhaps?" Ruth asked as she stood up, wiping away tears.

[Name] opened her mouth to accept when Five stopped her, saying, "We're fine." The woman nodding and smiling at the two.

"I'll just be leaving you two first, then, I just need to fix myself." She said with a smile and left them.

Five immediately stood up from the armchair and sat next to her, the girl glaring up at him. "That was rude."

"I don't trust them," he hissed as he kept a grip on her wrist.

"You always don't trust people," she retorted. "But, I mean, I don't really feel any bad vibes from them, and my mom always tells me to believe in my instinct. And right now? My instinct isn't telling me anything." She looked at him with raised brows.

"Obviously I still don't know if what they're saying is true, that we came from here and that my mom just never thought to tell it to us, or it isn't and I was wrong in believing them.. But then if that's the case, you will just teleport us away." She continued with a soft smile at him, grabbing his hand from her wrist and holding it loosely.