[ TEN ] ✓

'° -----------'°

'° -----------'°

"Here, give this a try."

Y/n and Anthony were in the kitchen, the (h/c) had decided to work on her baking skills during the long weekend. Her dad had not given her any training since Friday and she was somewhat bummed out about it. She would be lying if she had not been looking forward to it.

Anthony took the half-burnt cupcake and took a bite hesitantly while his sister looked at him expectantly. "It's good." He said, making a face and Y/n sighed in defeat.

"You'll get better." He said and patted her shoulder, leaving to go to his room while Y/n retraced her steps, thinking where she went wrong.

"I'm looking for Mr. LaRusso." Her head snapped up to see a boy standing at the door, he had long light brown hair, hazel eyes and was carrying a skateboard in his hand.

"Oh, he isn't home. Are you the plumber? The sink has been killing him for the past like 3 wee-"

"Oh no, I'm not a plumber, I'm Robby, I work in the dealership." He said and Y/n stopped rambling, heat rushing to her cheeks.

"You're not? That's embarrassing." She muttered, smiling nervously, Robby smiled.

"It's fine, I'll wait ou-"

"Nonsense, you can have a seat, I'll get you like juice or something." She said as she started to limp around the kitchen, looking for the same.

"Ah so you two have met each other." Robby and Y/n looked to their right to see Daniel leaning against the door frame.

"Good morning Mr. LaRusso."

"Hey dad."

The two teenagers chorused as he walked in with a big box in his hand. "Robby, wait at the dojo, I'll be there in 5 minutes." Daniel told the boy who nodded and left after giving Y/n a smile which she gladly returned.

"Dojo? I thought I was going to be taught karate." She said, "Oh you will be but first you need this," Daniel opened the box to reveal a prosthetic leg in it.

"I asked your doctor, she said with this you can learn karate, in fact, a prosthetic leg is stronger and easier to balance on than an actual leg. And this," He took your crutch in his hand, "will not be your identity anymore."

"That's- wow." Y/n said, speechless at her dad's gesture.

"C'mon, get it on." He urged and Y/n took the leg and started to attach it to her thigh. Once she was done, she slowly stood up while taking a hold of Daniel's hand.

Just as she stood up straight, Daniel looked at her to confirm if he could leave her hand. Y/n nodded, a little hesitant but the moment his fingers left hers she looked at him in a mixture of shock and utter joy.

"I'm standing." She whispered.

"You are standing." He whispered back.

"I am standing, on my own, without any support." She said, her voice getting louder and Daniel nodded frantically in happiness.