[ TWENTY THREE ] ✓

⊱⋅ ──────────── ⋅⊰

⊱⋅ ──────────── ⋅⊰

"Whoa, Mr Miyagi gave you this?"

Robby asked in awe while Y/n's mouth simply hung open at the sight of the beautiful yellow car in front of her. Daniel had driven them to where he used to practise Miyagi-do last night after Y/n had gotten back from celebrating Miguel's win at Golf N' Stuff, which Daniel still thought was just her and Sam hanging out with Demetri at his place.

"Yep. Best birthday gift ever." Daniel sighed, reminiscing the old times. "When am I gonna get a birthday gift like that?" She muttered, so it was only audible to Robby, who gave her a look of sympathy, "I'll pray for you." He offered but she shrugged, "Don't bother, I'm an atheist." She replied.

"Oh."

"You two with me?" The teenagers' heads snapped in Daniel's direction who was giving them a stern look, his hands on hips. Robby and Y/n nodded, even though they had no clue what he was talking about.

Daniel looked at them with scepticism in his eyes, "Really? What was I saying then?" He challenged and Robby and Y/n looked at each other nervously as they stuttered out a response, "You said something about... balance!"

Exclaimed Y/n before looking at Robby who nodded and added, "Bonsai!" He piped up and as if on cue they both spoke together, "And Mr. Miyagi!"

Daniel looked at them with a blank face and shook his head, "Where did I get myself into?" He rolled his eyes before handing them a paint brush and a can of paint each, "We have a lot of work to do."

The teenagers took the two things and started to paint the walls of the cottage in the middle of the small dojo. They did so in long strokes across the wall, Robby's arm was still injured so he wore a makeshift sling on it and Y/n took his paintbrush and helped him from time to time.

"C'mon, Y/n/n I can do it myself." he whined as the (h/c) continued to paint, pretending as if she was paying no heed to what he was saying.

"Y/n," He continued in a warning tone and this time she simply turned to him and smeared some paint on his face making his eyes widen. Y/n laughed at his expression but froze once she saw him dipping his whole hand into the carton of paint and advancing in her direction. With a yelp she ran off with the boy right at her tail.

He chased her around the dojo before finally getting his hands on her and booping her nose with the coloured hand. Y/n couldn't help but let heat bloom in her cheeks at the action and Robby's cheeks colored once he realised she got flustered while Daniel watched the pair in exasperation as he took off a dirty punching bag and hung a brand new one, huffing and panting, all alone.

Then they worked together, in retouching, reframing and rebuilding the old place, distributing duties amongst themselves and making tons of memories in the process.

After hours of hard work, the trio stood in front of the brand new dojo with their faces holding proud expressions. Y/n looked around and saw the sun had set while they worked, she heaved a sigh and placed a hand on her grumbling stomach.