chapter 10: jake

A/N: Sum shits coming soon I promise.

"Mikaela." He called after her. She turned. Her hair was down in it's usual loose waves and her lips and cheeks were rosy. She was wearing jean shorts, a red tank top, and her Air Jordans.
He came closer to her... and closer... and closer until he was just an inch away.
She looked up at him.
"Yes?" She said, looking him up and down. He bit his lip, trying to regain control.
"Mikaela, you're making it really hard to hold back." He said, his voice deep.
"Then... don't." She said in a small voice. He leaned in and kissed her. She kissed him back, and he cupped her face in his hands. Her lips were soft and she smelled like summer breeze and flowers. She snaked a hand into his hair and the other rested on the back of his neck. He gently steered them into the lockers until she was pressed against one and he kept kissing her, not wanting to let her go. He wanted to stay just like this forever.
"Jake" she said, breathily.
"Jake." She repeated, a little louder this time as he moved his way down her jawline and neck.
"JAKE WAKE UP!" Said a voice. Jake jumped, blinking awake.
"Jake get up, you have school. Let's go." A masculine voice said, pulling the curtain open before leaving.
"Ugh dad." He groaned, pulling his blanket over his head.
*    *    *
Finally, the school day was over. It was the last game of the season, and he was ready to destroy.
Only, they didn't destroy, they were destroyed. They managed to go the entire season undefeated... except for the last game. Sure, they still had one quarter to play, but they were down 15 points. They would have to make 5 three pointers, which was a pipe dream.
The buzzer rang out through the gym, signaling the 5 minute break between the 3rd and 4th quarter. He grabbed a basketball and started shooting around. He missed two shots in a row before passing to Munch who was behind him.
Munch glared at him, which was very out of character for him. He went to the back of the line and pondered why Munch had done that.
'He probably just had a rough day.' Jake thought. Before he could even finish his thought a ball was shoved in his hands and he made an elbow shot.
Swish.
He smiled to himself. For some reason today, he was missing a lot of his shots but he was glad he made that one.
"Yeah Jake!" Shouted a loud voice from the packed bleachers. He turned around, surprised. It had been a girls voice, he knew that.
He scanned the crowd... and then he saw her. She was wearing a gray hoodie and her jersey and matching shorts underneath. And then as if he wasn't happy enough by just the sight of her, she winked at him.
He exploded on the spot.
Was his mind playing tricks on him? Had she actually done that? He was in complete disbelief.
'Did that actually just happen?' He wondered as the ref blew his whistle, ready for the fourth quarter to begin.

Maybe it was the wink, but miraculously they picked it up, beating the other team by just 6 points.
'The wink was good luck' he thought as he high fived his teammates. He looked over at the bleachers, but he didn't see Mikaela. The girls team had probably gone to warm up.
He spotted his dad, waved goodbye to his teammates, and followed his dad out the gym.
"Hey kid! Did you have fun?" He asked Jake.
"Yeah I did!" He said absent minded my. He was still in shock from the sudden win...
And the wink? What was that? Did Mikaela like him back? What did it mean?
"Hey, are you friends with a number 3 on the girls team?" His dad asked him.
"Uh...." He racked his brain trying to think of who might have number 3.
"Maybe..." Jake said. He was a little preoccupied at the moment and he didn't care for his dad's meaningless jabber.
"I was talking with her mom. They seemed like nice folks."
"That's good." Jake said, still not really paying attention.
The two both reached their car and Jake opened the door to the passengers seat, swinging into the car. His dad turned on the ignition and they started their drive home.